Ever skip a meal?

jinxedkitten

Reaction score
Okay, so I was discussing the topic of food with my friend and I was shocked to discover that she has never skipped a day of eating :shock:

Makes me wonder how blessed America is ;) for the most part.

Which brings me to this question out of sheer curiosity, when was the longest time you went without food? Due to dare, project, health, illness, the list is endless. I had another friend who went nearly two days without food due to an assignment about the homeless (she had to sleep in a box as well) and she said it was the longest two days of her life.

This post is merely to compare the differences or similarities among people when it comes to their eating lifestyles :) in different parts of the world.

Longest I went?

I would say 3 weeks, but I would be lying... I binged on uncooked pasta. About nine or ten day without any food. :S

I was really broke, and didn't want to admit I needed help with the bills.

Longest I went?

I would say 3 weeks, but I would be lying... I binged on uncooked pasta. About nine or ten day without any food. :S

I was really broke, and didn't want to admit I needed help with the bills.

Aw, hopefully your current situation is much better now! Next time let us know, we'll be more than happy to fed-ex you food (I know I will!) :D

For my health reasons, I cannot skip any meals. :(

In the past I tended to skip breakfast when I went to work.

I skipped breakfast for like 6 years. But now I am starting to have breakfast, even if it's just aroun 9.30-10.15am

But I have never skipped a couple of days meals

Ah, yes. I'm always in a rush to go to work, I tend to skip breakfast/lunch and eat when I arrive home. Dreadful for the metabolism!

i am not crazy about skipping a meal. if i were, then i would be so cranky! sometimes i have no choice, just a few hours delayed to make up to eat it.

years ago, i do skip meals a lot. It wasn't worth it!

30 day fast

Some years ago I fasted with water only for 30 days. It was a spiritual matter. The cravings for several days - 7 to 10 days - become extreme but after that your body settles into a routine and though you may feel far less energetic and even weak, hunger really seems to go away. You never lose the recognition that eating would be a welcomed.

I would recommend something like this only if a person is truly seeking a closer, committed relationship with God and they are physically able to do so. One caveat, there is a temptation once the fast is complete to pig out - big mistake. On this long a fast one needs to gradually begin eating - mild liquids for a day, the soups, modest portions to begin with until you're back to "normal" after about a week.

wow! 30 days.....no can do!....I very seldom/rarely eat breakfast....and most times have a sandwich for lunch....I do cook a big meal at dinner everyday.

Would like to start fasting now! Since the holidays are fast approaching. Just might do it...

Some years ago I fasted with water only for 30 days. It was a spiritual matter. The cravings for several days - 7 to 10 days - become extreme but after that your body settles into a routine and though you may feel far less energetic and even weak, hunger really seems to go away. You never lose the recognition that eating would be a welcomed.

I would recommend something like this only if a person is truly seeking a closer, committed relationship with God and they are physically able to do so. One caveat, there is a temptation once the fast is complete to pig out - big mistake. On this long a fast one needs to gradually begin eating - mild liquids for a day, the soups, modest portions to begin with until you're back to "normal" after about a week.

I've done this before but for merely nine days at a time (3 meals a month) and it was solely to lose weight (this cycle continued for two years). I am curious to water fast for entirely different reasons now :) thank you for sharing!

That's similar to me, Royale. I used to skip breakfast & lunch all the time, but now I have to make sure I eat both, otherwise my metabolism will go way back down and will make it once again impossible for me to lose weight. I don't really enjoy eating in the morning because I always feel full, so I will usually just grab a banana even though I'm not a big fan of bananas.

I'm at the point now that I only eat one time a day.

I've gone a long time without food. I don't remember how long it was, but I do remember that it was when I was extremely busy with two full-time jobs. *groans*

Back