Ever filed a discrimination lawsuit on ur job??

msbrooks

Reaction score
If so please share your stories, what happened? what did you do? who did u report to about ur incidents? was u still working at the job when u filed or did u get fired? and did you win the lawsuit? please tell us your story.

Because my job is putting me through the ringer and it is affecting my health real bad and i want to do something about it before it get worst.

I remma that one of my friend complain about his health related with job years back..
He Went to Court and lawyer ADA etc......

They told him.. Find another job because company don't control him stay work with them! :eek3:

I remma that one of my friend complain about his health related with job years back..
He Went to Court and lawyer ADA etc......

They told him.. Find another job because company don't control him stay work with them! :eek3:

what get out of here?

If so please share your stories, what happened? what did you do? who did u report to about ur incidents? was u still working at the job when u filed or did u get fired? and did you win the lawsuit? please tell us your story.

Because my job is putting me through the ringer and it is affecting my health real bad and i want to do something about it before it get worst.
How is it affecting your health?

Have you tried talking to your boss about it? Communication is important. That's one of the biggest problems with ADA and accommodations... no communication.

I've heard of stupid lawsuits where someone sues the company for not providing accommodations... but the employee never made any request.

How is it affecting your health?

Have you tried talking to your boss about it? Communication is important. That's one of the biggest problems with ADA and accommodations... no communication.

I've heard of stupid lawsuits where someone sues the company for not providing accommodations... but the employee never made any request.

IT affecting my health it affecting my nerves i got real bad nerves because of all the bullying, yelling and screaming my coworker and supervisors doing to me. Then i am doing production work and they are not giving me my production work so i am worried about that and going to alot of meetings about they are not giving me my production work and if u dont get certain work it can make ur production real low where they can fire me!

Sweetie i have done all of that i have asked to be removed from the sistuation where this one lady keep constantly bullying me yelling at me cursing at me, i got people making fun of my disability and she wont give me my production work and she said because i am slow! i went over her head and asked them cuz i only work with her on saturdays and i ask them for a mon friday schedule and she they said NO! they cannot do tht for me. i went to hr and they contact upper mgmt and he also said no and that he would talk to these people that i am complaining aboutl. i have problems with the people on during the week but not allt he screaming the lady does to me on saturday (she is a lead) they just dont give me my production work period they are trying to find out why. now since i complained they are putting the pressure on me and rushing me and being ignorant but i have went to mgmt and higher up and all of this can messed iwth ur health especiall your ur nerves! i've been going through this for a looooooooooong time.

IT affecting my health it affecting my nerves i got real bad nerves because of all the bullying, yelling and screaming my coworker and supervisors doing to me. Then i am doing production work and they are not giving me my production work so i am worried about that and going to alot of meetings about they are not giving me my production work and if u dont get certain work it can make ur production real low where they can fire me!

Sweetie i have done all of that i have asked to be removed from the sistuation where this one lady keep constantly bullying me yelling at me cursing at me, i got people making fun of my disability and she wont give me my production work and she said because i am slow! i went over her head and asked them cuz i only work with her on saturdays and i ask them for a mon friday schedule and she they said NO! they cannot do tht for me. i went to hr and they contact upper mgmt and he also said no and that he would talk to these people that i am complaining aboutl. i have problems with the people on during the week but not allt he screaming the lady does to me on saturday (she is a lead) they just dont give me my production work period they are trying to find out why. now since i complained they are putting the pressure on me and rushing me and being ignorant but i have went to mgmt and higher up and all of this can messed iwth ur health especiall your ur nerves! i've been going through this for a looooooooooong time.
Did you follow chain of command? If your supervisor won't listen, did you talk to your supervisor's boss or your supervisor's boss' boss?

Did you follow chain of command? If your supervisor won't listen, did you talk to your supervisor's boss or your supervisor's boss' boss?

yes i did and i am thinking about going higher.. i talked to my supervisors, his boss, and my manager boss.. i talked to hr i havent talked to my manager manager boss yet? but if i dont see anything being done i will keep on going up.. but it like they all saying no immediately when i asked to be taken off that shift.. they all want to talk and confront the problems with the lady that is doing all the bullying. If i dont see results i am going to keep going up and while i am at i am looking for ada lawyer because i asked for accomodations and they all are telling me no! they said they need me to work on that day.

yes i did and i am thinking about going higher.. i talked to my supervisors, his boss, and my manager boss.. i talked to hr i havent talked to my manager manager boss yet? but if i dont see anything being done i will keep on going up.. but it like they all saying no immediately when i asked to be taken off that shift.. they all want to talk and confront the problems with the lady that is doing all the bullying. If i dont see results i am going to keep going up and while i am at i am looking for ada lawyer because i asked for accomodations and they all are telling me no! they said they need me to work on that day.
Well, if you feel you aren't getting anywhere... try contacting someone who knows how to handle these things.

If you're deaf and you think it's related to your deafness... try Home - National Association of the Deaf (National Association for the Deaf). They have handled lawsuits. If you aren't deaf or you don't think that the job might be related to your deafness, then you can try getting advice from a lawyer or lawyer consultant.

If you have all the necessary paperwork that's clear and precise, then they may be able to help you with what's going on.

For instance, don't say "Bob won't help me." Do say, "When my co-workers were harassing me by calling me names, I report to Robert Williams, my supervisor in the technical support department. He doesn't work with my co-workers, set up meetings to deal with this, or tell me what will or can be done."

Well, if you feel you aren't getting anywhere... try contacting someone who knows how to handle these things.

If you're deaf and you think it's related to your deafness... try Home - National Association of the Deaf (National Association for the Deaf). They have handled lawsuits. If you aren't deaf or you don't think that the job might be related to your deafness, then you can try getting advice from a lawyer or lawyer consultant.

If you have all the necessary paperwork that's clear and precise, then they may be able to help you with what's going on.

For instance, don't say "Bob won't help me." Do say, "When my co-workers were harassing me by calling me names, I report to Robert Williams, my supervisor in the technical support department. He doesn't work with my co-workers, set up meetings to deal with this, or tell me what will or can be done."

He can file at EOE regarding to his job... I did with my old job.... the company got in trouble.. i got raises.. hehehe and promoted me to assitant manger for deafies...

What an awful thing. I feel sorry for you. My gosh, you better need
to have a better to call a counsel about everything for you, go
ask your family if you have a problem. I knew that
some ADA rights, but not too much. I wish there is ADA is
too tightly for deaf and hard-of-hearing. I hope someone
will bring it over for the new law called "Employee Free Choice",
right now it is already passed by House of the Representative.
Employee Free Choice Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
But I am afraid that senators and President Bush won't admit it
to approve that. I wish they would can do it.

Anyways, I hope you will find with your great friend or family
to have a discussion with you. Good luck. :)

I glad I don't have a problem with my jobs. Good such thing!

He can file at EOE regarding to his job... I did with my old job.... the company got in trouble.. i got raises.. hehehe and promoted me to assitant manger for deafies...

That is good for you! Way to go!

I think that NAD is a great idea for an advise to talk with your opinion
or your suggestion. Good luck, Msbrooks.

well, for starters, I would recommend starting a journal. You need to start documenting events, the experiences so you can start showing a paper trail. This will give you extra clout when push comes to shove, as you will need some burden of proof. You should approach this in the same manner as if you were sexually harrassed.

First document the time of the event, any witness, location, duration, the participants, what happened (be as objective as possible, i.e., x name x approached me, mood seems indifferent, she initiated contact & began communication. I repeated short summary to confirm said statement, x name x declined correct info, mood now hostile. Said statement xxxxxxxxxxxxx. Mood after said statement appears indifferent, no remorse/regret not observed on behalf. Witness behavior, xxxxxxxxxx

Even better if you can get it recorded somehow. a lot of cell phones have the camera so perhaps turn it on prior to the anticipated confrontation.

Just like sexual harassement, you must confront the said bully or problem. You must clearly state that you will this to stop and you will not tolerate it. Then next take it to human resources to provide additional papertrail if they do not yield to stopping the harassement. You could also request for an arbitrator (spelling?) to resolve the issue regarding to time schedule. Did they provide a rationale of why this is happening? What kind of work is this, and what is your role in this said company?

Im back

Hello everybody i am msbrooks and i am the one that had alot of problems with people on my job i even said i wanted to commit suicide and i was asking for help about finding a lawyer to help me with my problems.

Well i havent been on here because my computer was down and needed repair so i am back now. I would like to share some of the things that i have been going through on my job.

It has gotten worst

Well the last time i was on here i had reported a lady on my job for calling me slow, hollering and screaming and cursing at me, trying to intimidate me, not giving me my production work.

Well i reported her on april the 12th and when i reported this lady i told my manager that i didnt want no confilict all i want is to be removed off her shift which is on saturday that i wanted a regular mon-friday schedule. Well my supervisors and manager wouldnt do it and said no that they couldnt do iit and they would talk to her. I even went over there head and hr to no available. I didnt want them to tell her that i was reporting her cuz i know how people retaliate and i was very worried because she is the lead and i have to get my production work from here. Well i posted on another board my problem and what happened after i reported it long so please take the time out and read it and give me advice on what i should do. Thanks

I been having some problems with a lead on my job, She is constantly picking and trying to start fights with me. When she talks to me she talks to me like i am her child, and when she talks to me she is constantly yelling, screaming and sometimes she get mad and curses. I am not the only on that been having problems with her. So i stepped up one day and finally went over top of her head and reported her to my mgmt and supervisors. I told them that i wanted off the shift that i work with her on and that working on saturdays, she is the lead on saturdays. I told them everything she been doing to me in the pass. I also told them how she refuses to give me certain work that i need to boost up my statics. The reason why i asked them can i switch shift and work a mon-fri schedule is to avoid retaliation with her. Because i reported a girl before her and she retaliated by not giving me the work i am suppose to get.

They told me no that something have to be done to the lead about what she is doing to me. I told them if yall do tell her what i am saying she is doing to me she is going to retaliate. I said i would like to get off her shift because during the week she is not a lead at all.

Anyway they said they couldnt move me and they was going to do something about her. I also reported this lady to HR because mgmt is known to bullsh*T when it comes to stuff like this.

Well they talked to her and every since they talked to her HR and mgmt she been giving me pure HELL like i told them she would.

Now this is what been going on since i told on her. She is finding ways to attack me and get even with me,

She went as far as getting her bestfriend involved who is a coworker there, she is doing lil stupid high school stuff to TRY to INTIMIDATE ME! she the other day snatched a pen out of my hand that was hers that some lady passed to me during a meeting, and she rudely got smart with me when i tried to pass a paper to a girl that was sitting beside her.

My ex called up my job telling them lies and i just found out that the whole department knows about it cuz the saturday lead that i am having problems with told everybody on the mon-friday crew. I thought just me and mgmt knew what my ex said and did, (hell they didnt even tell me eveything he said) they just told me he called and i need to be careful and not do anything on the job. But they went back and told the lead everything that man said about me, they was wrong for it.

She also told a friend of mine that we got into it on saturday. She started with me and causing a scene about something she was wrong for . She told my friend that when we was arguing that she was scared for her life and was going to call security on me. And she was the one arguing, hollering, and throwing up her hands waving it around angrily all because she thought i was late coming back from break. So i found out she made false reports on me about this to.

She also told the lady that she is real pissed off that i reported her to HR, so that lets me know that she is trying to get back at me by retialiating.

Now she is telling a real close friend of mine about all of this and from the way my friend is telling me this, like she dont want to get involved and dont want me to tell mgmt that she is telling me all of this i guess to avoid conflict with the lady that is telling her all of this.

I told mgmt anyway about what i know and heard but they want me to name drop the person that is telling me this, so they can investigate the matter, but i didnt do it because i dont want no problem with her and conflict.

what i dont understand why is this lady telling this lady everything that she is doing to me knowing this lady talks to me and donot like what she is doing to me either.

So i am asking yall should i give up her name because i donot want mgmt and that lead to get away with this at all! what should i do?? because i am tired of it and the only way i am going to get something done if i name drop her to mgmt!

Oh NO.. you again.. doing low self-esteem..... it is time for you roll up your arms and do somthing for your life.... do something... you can do this...

Oh NO.. you again.. doing low self-esteem..... it is time for you roll up your arms and do somthing for your life.... do something... you can do this...

Oh yes me again and i told u off in my other thread ada topic u backstabbing heifa!

you dont even know me i come on here to vent and get advice.. so this is me doing something with my life and i am getting something done! one word for you RACIST!!! so how about u just move on and leave me alone ok.

Im sorry, but I agree with what you (sxyporkie) said! Action speaks much louder than word itself.

No no seriously i am doing something. i have been shopping around looking for a lawyer, i have been taking notes and going higher and higher reporting all mgmt and the sistuations, i have been to cooperations resoloutions. i am doing everythng and i already name dropped the lady. I am fighting this thing to the end. I am not giving up or being weak i am fighting these people that are doing this to me.

Back