Esteem ear implants

rime60

Reaction score
I am new to this site and excited about joining. I am in early stages of researching this new device for my daughter and would appreciate any feedback, good or bad, on this new system.:wave:

How old's your daughter? Stay with hearing aids. ...trust me, there's all this hype abt the esteem, but it's just PR hype.

The same old hype we've always been talking about...you should know that, you've been around AD for quite a while.

Hype can be anything which is why I'm asking for specifics in regard to PRs. Links would be nice.

recently it came out on news. i guess that's what its hype news where people thought how neat esteem is but they have to look into and research on it. :dunno:

I am new to this site and excited about joining. I am in early stages of researching this new device for my daughter and would appreciate any feedback, good or bad, on this new system.:wave:

As far as I know, no AD members here wear an Esteem Envoy implantable hearing aid. Maybe someday someone will become the first AD member to join as an Esteem Envoy implant wearer. I'm sure that'll make AD a bit more "complete" along with hearing aid and CI users, and non-users.

recently it came out on news. i guess that's what its hype news where people thought how neat esteem is but they have to look into and research on it. :dunno:

It's news about the device and not about PRs given out by the company. Ok. So, which news made the "hype" about the device? You said "hype" and I'm trying to figure out exactly what "hype" you're talking about.

exactly... people are excited about them b/c companies send out PR releases hyping the LATEST technology. So people think " Oh the latest cutting edge stuff! We GOTTA have that!" Computer and cell phone companies do the same thing....doesn't matter if it might just be very arbiartaily "different" or whatever, companies just hype a new product so they can make MONEY! You saw the exact same thing when digitals came out you know!

I was just accepted for the Esteem implant and decided to go through with it. If you want, you can follow me at my blog Deaf & Awesome, I'm going to blog about all of it. I loved reading other blogs about the Esteem and so I'm doing it too. :)

Esteem is only for moderate loss or maximum severe with good speech recognition. It doesn't work for deaf.

Back