Emergency Advocate Needed for Deaf Family in Baltimore

aikifrodogrrl

Reaction score
Hi,

I am know someone who works as a social worker for a Deaf family. One of their kids had head lice so the state took both kids. He believes that they are being discrimnated against because they are poor and Deaf. I do not have the legal knowledge to help them. This is really bad. Does anyone know of legal help in the baltimore area for Deaf who are very poor?

Thanks!

deaflibrarian said:
What? The state took the children away because one had head lice? Head lice are very common in children! Schools face this problem just about every day! If the state took away all children that got head live from their families you can bet there would be a ruckus! I hope that family gets the help they need. Simply crazy in a state like Maryland that has a "City of the Deaf" Silver Springs plus Baltimore is right next to D.C., home of Gally!

uhhh correction if i may -- Baltimore is abt 45 mins NORTH of DC -- it is Silver Spring that is "next door" to DC

That is bizarre. There must have been more reasons for taking the children. Lice is a very minor common problem amongst school children. How did the state get involved?

Yeah, its obvious that head lice just might be the tip of the iceberg in this case. Can be anything, the least of which is neglect, abandonment......but I'm just guessing.....

Hey, from my experiences and knowledge about CPS...

It's something reasons they took them..
since deaf family are poor.. also something else too...
reasons they took:
neglects, malnutritions, not following up on health,
or they have history of problem being poor... by
spending on gamble.. drugs.. fraud.. abuses.. and many more..

It could be good reasons.. not just because of head lice.

Tousi said:
Yeah, its obvious that head lice just might be the tip of the iceberg in this case. Can be anything, the least of which is neglect, abandonment......but I'm just guessing.....

LOL i posted and i noticed yours.. yeah thats very much so I agreed with you!!.. that what in my opinion!!

Lol, MizGiglz, us Minnesotans think alike in many ways! Hehe

Back