Electrodes

So...no matter what implant you have, you have 22 Functional Electrodes, and they're the only ones that are tested.

That's what I thought.

:ty: for researching this Lady. :)

Lady,

I asked Cochlear what the difference between the N24C and Freedom was (since I have both).

Long story short, it comes down to the internal CI. The Freedom has more circuitry/programming capabilities than the N24C.

This makes sense to me because I notice that I'm able to hear more high frequencies with my Freedom than my N24C.

Conversely, I hear low frequencies better with my N24C compared to my Freedom.

Oh I didnt know the differences between freedom and N24C

Oh I didnt know the differences between freedom and N24C

I didn't either. Basically they are the same CI but have a different level of circuitry and programming.

I can understand this as well since my 3Gs do not sound as clear as my Freedoms.

My Freedoms sound like the hearing I used to have before I started wearing hearing aids.

My 3Gs sound like Darth Vader. Then again, I haven't created a map from scratch with the 3Gs, so it's possible they could sound better if I did.

According to what my audi told me, the only way I can have a map on my 3Gs that is as close to what my Freedom sounds like is to transfer the maps I have on my Freedoms to the 3Gs.

I really don't like the sound quality of my 3Gs, but they are only used for back up and as long as I'm able to understand speech, I'm not concerned.

Back