Egypt calling??

I would suggest you visit Cairo, if you want to see Egyptian Hospitaliy at its best, let me warn you, Cairo is a city that never sleeps!! Its bustling espcially the markets, Khan-e-Khalili!

Swimming and snorkelling are the prime activities in the Sinai area, Sharm is famous for their beaches that stretch as far as the eye can see! I think if you really want to go snorkelling, try the Ras-Mohommed National Park, I saw some amazing fish underwater!

The Egyptian landscape is diverse, I think you would like it...Rocky,desert, arid land, all in one place!!

Mount Sinai is in Egypt, yes, also whilst you are there you can go to St. Catherine's Monestary, this is because it would interest you, as it has a lot of the old original copies of the Old Testament from the bible.

Egypt has Coptic Chrisitans and Old Cairo especially has some wonderful churches that offer a Sunday Service, my faith(hinduism) doesn't exist in Egypt, but the Christian and Muslim faith are certainly in evidence.

What I would suggest is that Egyptians do have a lot of dance perfermances, especially the famous belly dancing, I would suggest that you go for a dinner cruise on the Nile if you want to see a whole panorama of dance, entertainment and drama as well as good food!!

Pharonic faiths do not exist, i.e. the times of the Pharoah's are gone, you wouldn't really find people practicing witchcraft, but I think you would certainly find a lot of Azaan's(call to prayers!!)

I haven't managed to meet deaf people, but I certainly have interacted with the people and certainly they are one of the friendliest people in the world.

Just for interest's sake, Egypt in arabic is called MISR, so if you see MISR, it means Egypt!!

Any questions, I will answer them!!

Kashveera

Thank you Kashveera and I noticed in your avatar is that you ? I must say you are beautiful. Thank you very much and God Bless ..... I hope one day to visit and travel, see Egypt and alots of different countries. That would be very interesting.

Thank you Kashveera and I noticed in your avatar is that you ? I must say you are beautiful. Thank you very much and God Bless ..... I hope one day to visit and travel, see Egypt and alots of different countries. That would be very interesting.

My absolute pleasure, it gives me satisfaction to help people! Yeah, the avatar is me, thanks a lot-really appreciate you comment!

Yeah, its really nice, I have seen a few other countries, maybe if I get some encouragement, I would do the rest of it...I hope my chronicles of Egypt didn't bore you!

Thanking you!

Kashveera

My absolute pleasure, it gives me satisfaction to help people! Yeah, the avatar is me, thanks a lot-really appreciate you comment!

Yeah, its really nice, I have seen a few other countries, maybe if I get some encouragement, I would do the rest of it...I hope my chronicles of Egypt didn't bore you!

Thanking you!

Kashveera

Hi Kashveera, Your chronicles of Egypt did not bore me at all because that is one of the places I really would like to go. It is good to talk to somebody that is real for a change. I would encourage you to travel because I love to travel and if I had the money right now I would be traveling all over the world, meeting new people, making friends and seeing interesting places, learn the history and the food, the customs just about everything. Please post your traveling experiences when you can and many Deaf people love to travel too. :) :thumb:

Hi Kashveera, Your chronicles of Egypt did not bore me at all because that is one of the places I really would like to go. It is good to talk to somebody that is real for a change. I would encourage you to travel because I love to travel and if I had the money right now I would be traveling all over the world, meeting new people, making friends and seeing interesting places, learn the history and the food, the customs just about everything. Please post your traveling experiences when you can and many Deaf people love to travel too. :) :thumb:

I'm glad because I thought I went on and on, anyway I have been to Dubai, India, the Far East, Mauritius!! So I can do those if you want to...and I will do one on my home county South Africa, its a worldwide famous tourist destination...and yes, 2010 Soccer World Cup is comming here!!

I love to travel, but like you I am constrained with money, and my parents go only once in four years...so its a little hectic!!

Kashveera

I'm glad because I thought I went on and on, anyway I have been to Dubai, India, the Far East, Mauritius!! So I can do those if you want to...and I will do one on my home county South Africa, its a worldwide famous tourist destination...and yes, 2010 Soccer World Cup is comming here!!

I love to travel, but like you I am constrained with money, and my parents go only once in four years...so its a little hectic!!

Kashveera

Please do tell of your good time and experiences traveling and I had a coin that turned up in my pocket change and it was from the U.A.E. which is the United Arab Emirates and I looked into the U.A.E. and Dubai looks like a nice place to visit and go swimming. I also was told there is a man-made snow mountain in Dubai because there is no snow and people can go skiing there and they have a ice skating rink indoors. I thought that would be interesting in the middle of the desertlands to have wintertime in the Middle East. That would really be something !!!!!

Are you saying that South Africa will hold the Soccer Cup in 2010 ? That would be interesting. I don't think I ever remember South Africa holding a Soccer Cup or the World Olympic Games ???

Thank you Kashveera, for sharing your traveling experiences. I enjoy reading about people's traveling experiences. I am trying to save up for a vacation and then make the most out of it. :D

Please do tell of your good time and experiences traveling and I had a coin that turned up in my pocket change and it was from the U.A.E. which is the United Arab Emirates and I looked into the U.A.E. and Dubai looks like a nice place to visit and go swimming. I also was told there is a man-made snow mountain in Dubai because there is no snow and people can go skiing there and they have a ice skating rink indoors. I thought that would be interesting in the middle of the desertlands to have wintertime in the Middle East. That would really be something!!!!

Are you saying that South Africa will hold the Soccer Cup in 2010 ? That would be interesting. I don't think I ever remember South Africa holding a Soccer Cup or the World Olympic Games ???

Thank you Kashveera, for sharing your traveling experiences. I enjoy reading about people's traveling experiences. I am trying to save up for a vacation and then make the most out of it. :D

Well, I will certainly start a new thread for Dubai, but very soon!! You are right, its actually the United Arab Emirates Dhiram!! Dubai Dhiram!! Dubai is really cool, especially the 4x4 ride on the sand dunes, boy, that was truly an experience, and then a night out with a belly dancer, but also the boat ride down the creek in dubai, then the shopping experiences at the Souk, or you can opt for a modern shopping experience at Wafi City or even The City Centre!!

South Africa will host the 2010 Soccer World Cup, so I invite all you lovely people, to come to South Africa and celebrate with us, the 2010 Fifa Soccer World Cup!! By the way the opening ceremony might be held in my hometown of Durban!! We had the cricket world cup here, we had the A1 grand prix here, and we have the world famous Comrades Marathon in South Africa!!

Its only my pleasure to share Egypt, hopefully Dubai will be as good as the Egypt one!! Keep your fingers crossed!! Well, when you go, I will push you to tell us about your vacation and your experiences...

Till then, keep well.

Kashveera

From the wealth of information that you have given in regards to Egypt, is there any chance that you even know the language as well, perhaps even the sign-language?

From the wealth of information that you have given in regards to Egypt, is there any chance that you even know the language as well, perhaps even the sign-language?

I wish I could pick up Arabic, but its rather fast, the only thing I could really pick up was Misr was Egypt in Arabic, but thankfully all our guides and people who spoke to us spoke in English...But, I can tell you SASL (South African Sign Language) is different!!

Most of the information, comes from my diary, which I very dutifully kept throughout my trip!

Will do Dubai next time...

Kashveera

Back