EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques)

sarasf

Reaction score
I just saw a post on Craigslist for a "tapping group" and was curious what AD members think about EFT therapy. It involves tapping at acupuncture points while working through a memory to balance energy in the body. I have heard of people doing this but never seen it offered in a group setting here.

I am curious but would be afraid that there would be strange people there. My friend's father went to a tapping person and thought it solved all of his problems.

I think when you say "thought it solved all his problems", that is kind of why I laughed. Placebo effect will happen with a lot of worthless treatments to suggestible people, but the problem will come back.

I don't think people should throw away money on quack medicine.

I think when you say "thought it solved all his problems", that is kind of why I laughed. Placebo effect will happen with a lot of worthless treatments to suggestible people, but the problem will come back.

I don't think people should throw away money on quack medicine.

Yes, the problems do seem to come back. I agree most of it is quack medicine, but I enjoy checking into some of the alternative therapies around here. I have had some interesting experiences but have never taken anything too seriously for long.

Plus if you put faith in quack healers, you can end up ignoring a serious cause of a problem.

I am not crazy about doctors, but I would rather pay for more proven treatments if I am in need of help.

Back