Effect on children of IRAQ:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

SB_GB_4ever

Reaction score
Well this is very sad. It shows what Depleted Uranium did to the children of IRAQ. These children did not deserve this. And worst of all it was paid for by our tax dollars. If you have a heart you will stand up and not let this happen. We being American's need to not let our money that is sopposed to be used for the good of the country, to be used to kill and mutilate the bodys of inocent children.

http://thereitis.org/linkto/depletedUranium.swf

This means alot to me and should to not only the people of this forum but to the world. I would like all of your views to this issue and any other issues involving the war in IRAQ.

I saw a documentary a couple of weeks ago about the effect of our weapons on the citizens of Iraq, telling about how undetonated cluster bombs are now a danger to Iraqi civilians, how depleted uranium rods can be found just lying around with not only Iraqi civillians unaware of their danger, but even OUR OWN TROOPS. When are people are going wake up and start realizing this worth is not worth it. Not only are thousands of our own troops dead, but tens of thousands of the people "we're supposed to be liberating" are dead. "Spreading democracy" was only an excuse after we realized the weapons of mass destruction don't exist, and after Saddaam was ousted. We're supposed to be rebuilding this country, but only 12% of the Iraq population has access to electricity and running water. Simply amazing.

Meh. DU shells have always been a bad idea. But seriously, how many of our legislators even know what DU is, let alone what it's negative effects might be when used in weapons?

I think this is alittle bit propangdaish and yes very upsetting, very powerful. I think the truth is somewhere in between and I know that anti-war activists work too much with a bank of emotions and not enough logical facts.

I certainly don't like to read about our U.S. Military doing things we are not supposed to be doing because we are a better nation and can do much better than that but I also understand that war is a very vicious business with no room for sympathy for the enemy as it should rightfully be.

Civilians always suffer in any war conflict.

Heath said:
I think this is alittle bit propangdaish and yes very upsetting, very powerful. I think the truth is somewhere in between and I know that anti-war activists work too much with a bank of emotions and not enough logical facts.

I certainly don't like to read about our U.S. Military doing things we are not supposed to be doing because we are a better nation and can do much better than that but I also understand that war is a very vicious business with no room for sympathy for the enemy as it should rightfully be.

Civilians always suffer in any war conflict.
I agree but i also belive that DU is as powerful as this says. If only as many babies as were shown on that video were harmed that is to many.

SB_GB_4ever said:
I agree but i also belive that DU is as powerful as this says. If only as many babies as were shown on that video were harmed that is to many.

Way too many .... One baby is still way too much.

War should be confined to men. The women and the kids are kept out of it.

That line is being blurred and crossed all the time on both sides.

It did not use to be that way.

Think about it ..... Technology increases, moral values decrease.

That is still no excuse.

Heath said:
War should be confined to men. The women and the kids are kept out of it.

How old are you to have that old fashioned thinking?

Anyway, without getting too deep in it, my opinion is we ARE the weapons of mass destruction.

vrsterp said:
How old are you to have that old fashioned thinking?

Anyway, without getting too deep in it, my opinion is we ARE the weapons of mass destruction.

You did not read the rest of what I said and I also know war is very vicious, dirty and unfair and no, we are not the WMD's.

Heath said:
Think about it ..... Technology increases, moral values decrease.

That is still no excuse.

And what a wonderful movie clip you have as your signature to demonstrate your exact point.

vrsterp said:
And what a wonderful movie clip you have as your signature to demonstrate your exact point.

Well, as you can see there are no women and children around and he is fighting in self defense.

Heath said:
Well, as you can see there are no women and children around and he is fighting in self defense.

Oh! As long as you can justify it, then ok! :roll:

Yeah, I know it is sad. The worse part I've ever seen was in Rwanda where their limbs had been cut off, includin' children's. So sad ! I don't think it's fair when their laws are worse than ours. :( I feel sorry for them, especially children.

CyberRed said:
Yeah, I know it is sad. The worse part I've ever seen was in Rwanda where their limbs had been cut off, includin' children's. So sad ! I don't think it's fair when their laws are worse than ours. :( I feel sorry for them, especially children.

"Listen to the yell of Leopold's ghost
Burning in Hell for his hand-maimed host
Hear how the demons chuckle and yell
Cutting his hands off, down in Hell."

Not directly relevant... Just saying that Leopold II of Belgium was an evil evil man.

But the biggest problem with the whole thing is saddam is on trial for only killing 150 people but the USA has managed to kill in the tens of thousands people just to prove a point. The USA has killed more people since we started the war on terrorism then the terrorists them selfs. It is Compleate Bullshit and i think we should brainstorm a way to help and stop this massacure of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back