Eddie jay

Eddie Jay

Reaction score
Greetings Deafies, HOH, and CODA.

I'm just a typical everyday rebellious, inked up, biker, who was raised single handedly by my hearing mother, along side two younger hearing siblings in which, my case would be no ASL in the family, but forced to speak and read lips. Lead me into becoming an independent late deafness rebellious dude.

I grew up hard of hearing, but went deaf almost 20 years ago. Luckily, I was taught how to speak, write, and read lips. Now that I'm deaf, I wouldn't trade to hear for the world, because I've heard it all!

I'm located in Washington State, a Mariners fan (they suck this year, don't they?), known to be comical, live to ride, coffee and 420 addict and seemingly have great love and interest for CODA women. I guess that would make me a hearing on the forehead, just because I prefer hearing who can sign. But Hey! Opinions varies, right?

Lastly, I'm 47 years old, single, claim no children, and I'm a firm believer knowing the difference between religion and God, therefore makes me spiritual, not religious. I know fools in love argue, but generally I never do argue with fools, because if i do, that'll make two. I'm a hater of promises, because they don't come with a warranty and lastly, I believe in the principal......

Nice to meet ya!
Eddie

Nice to meet you Eddie. I've been riding most of my life (since 17). Kawasaki's mostly by chance not choice. Now I ride a 01 bagger FLHTC.

Nice to meet you Eddie. I've been riding most of my life (since 17). Kawasaki's mostly by chance not choice. Now I ride a 01 bagger FLHTC.

Nice ride bro.
It never really mattered what you ride, it's how you ride.
Some ride it like they stole it and some never ride faster than their Angel can fly.

Nice ride bro.
It never really mattered what you ride, it's how you ride.
Some ride it like they stole it and some never ride faster than their Angel can fly.
That's right man. As long as you are in the wind. Peace!

Speaking of riding.
I have a poem I wrote, to share. Yes, I have a couple already published.
I called it.

"A Freedom Riders Prayer"

To live is to ride
To ride is to live
What was, will always be
On the beaten path I roll

With selfless pride
Nothing left to give
Just to be free
Everywhere I roam

Where an Eagle glides
From whence I sit
For all to believe
Bringing forth one common goal

Live to ride
Ride to live
Let it be
Everywhere I go

Eddie Jay.

I very much like that poem.

I like to ride too. But not with crazy drivers.

Ah. Speaking of drivers, as you're well aware. It's not that they're intentionally or certifiable crazy drivers.
They can't see us bikers because one or two, maybe more reasons, I care to share.
As a biker, it is our responsibility as a rider, to make sure we are visible toward the drivers.

Obviously we HAVE to be visible, otherwise they'll never know we're there.

I make sure I have a semi truck horn on my bike. Its called bad boy horn. It's loud, louder than hell!

I make sure I'm island riding.

I make sure I'm constantly in the driver's mirrors at all times.

When I brake, I flash the brakes before coming to a stop.

It's your responsibility as a rider to make you visible as a biker.

I for one, was a member of CBA in NC.
Concerned Bikers Association.
A political biker club.

We fought on helmet laws.
I'm believer in helmets, even the novelty helmets, which is illegal in most states.
I just simply put DOT on the back of the helmet and cops never know any better.

I've had drivers tail gate me. I then always, slow down intentionally to make a point to everyone around us that driver is commiting attempted vehicular manslaughter. It's always the principle. Always.

Ah. Speaking of drivers, as you're well aware. It's not that they're intentionally or certifiable crazy drivers.
They can't see us bikers because one or two, maybe more reasons, I care to share.
As a biker, it is our responsibility as a rider, to make sure we are visible toward the drivers.

Obviously we HAVE to be visible, otherwise they'll never know we're there.

I make sure I have a semi truck horn on my bike. Its called bad boy horn. It's loud, louder than hell!

I make sure I'm island riding.

I make sure I'm constantly in the driver's mirrors at all times.

When I brake, I flash the brakes before coming to a stop.

It's your responsibility as a rider to make you visible as a biker.

I for one, was a member of CBA in NC.
Concerned Bikers Association.
A political biker club.

We fought on helmet laws.
I'm believer in helmets, even the novelty helmets, which is illegal in most states.
I just simply put DOT on the back of the helmet and cops never know any better.

I've had drivers tail gate me. I then always, slow down intentionally to make a point to everyone around us that driver is commiting attempted vehicular manslaughter. It's always the principle. Always.
I have been riding for close to 40 years and I can tell you from experience that as a biker, you have to drive defensively. There are way too many distractions that other drivers have to not be on the defensive. Especially now a days where everyone is always on their phone. Drives me nuts!!

Stay out of blind spots and ride in the center of the lane. I don't linger next to trucks. I stay behind or get ahead of them. I have had my share of accidents on my bike where I have learned many lessons. That still doesn't mean others are paying attention. We have A.B.A.T.E in Illinois that fight helmet laws. I know from personal experience that helmets save lives. Be careful out there!!

Very familiar with ABATE. Great club.
I'm in total agreement with you in everything you say. Helmets saves lives. I never ride without one. I just prefer novelty helmets. To each and it's own. Right? To me. A helmet is a helmet. DOT or not. It's a helmet.

Are you familiar with BACA?

I'm in total agreement with you in everything you say. Helmets saves lives. I never ride without one. I just prefer novelty helmets. To each and it's own. Right? To me. A helmet is a helmet. DOT or not. It's a helmet.branch

Come to think of it. CBA is ABATE. I was a two year member of the NC branch, voted as Sergeant of Arms, one term. But, then I had to move.
We didn't want a helmet law at all. Even went to the state capitol to protest.
It's our rights to ride to wear a helmet or not. My preference was novelty helmets. I was fighting for the cause to wear what I want. Not what the law says.
Call me a rebel. I'm still wearing a helmet, but not what the law requires. Never received a ticket and it still protects my head.
CBA/ABATE: rebelous toward laws against them political club. We've received letters from the police department naming us a Gang. We never fight physically. We fight politically.
I'm also part of a political biker organization called BADD.
Hate drunk drivers.
I hate texters too!

Have ridden a few Harley's...boy, those vibes!...LOL...My boss had a Gold Wing and rode it to work and back, 50 mile trip. Remembering too...to keep my mouth shut while riding...Bugs...ahhh...Bike Week at Daytona Beach a few times...took a week to get the roaring out of my head....one of my neighbors at 74, still rides his Harley...and Yes, I support Helmets while riding.

I'm in total agreement with you in everything you say. Helmets saves lives. I never ride without one. I just prefer novelty helmets. To each and it's own. Right? To me. A helmet is a helmet. DOT or not. It's a helmet.

The more important thing for me, is freedom of choice. I was in a motorcycle accident where my helmet saved my life. I was in a care accident (before seatbelt laws) where not having my seat belt on saved my life. Go figure. Yes, I am familiar with BACA. Met them at Poopies last year. Outstanding club!

Back