Eddie Guerrero from WWE Died

Weirdo

Reaction score
When World Wrestling Entertainment superstar Eddie Guerrero didn't answer his wakeup call Sunday and didn't respond to a knock on his Minneapolis hotel room door, his nephew and security forced their way in. They found the 5-foot-8, 220-pound wrestler on the floor.

Efforts to resuscitate the 38-year-old weren't successful and the WWE was suddenly faced with finding the delicate balance between continuing with Sunday's show at Target Center while paying tribute to one of its biggest attractions.

"This is a huge loss," said WWE chairman Vince McMahon. "Eddie was a wonderful, fun-loving human being. Eddie was a consummate performer."

His nephew and fellow WWE wrestler, Chavo Guerrero, said he found his uncle dead shortly after 7 a.m. in his room at the Marriott Hotel in downtown Minneapolis.

Police said there were no signs of foul play or indications of suicide.

Chavo Guerrero said everything with his uncle had seemed just fine.

The flight from Phoenix to Minneapolis Saturday. The post-flight dinner. The last time they talked they made plans to order breakfast and then hit the gym Sunday morning. Instead, Chavo Guerrero spent the morning breaking the news to relatives and preparing for his own match Sunday night.

"I know Eddie would want the show to go on," he said.

The Target Center event was tastefully subdued, with many of the wrestlers offering taped or live tributes. Several imitated his signature moves and mannerisms, including his celebratory strutting and his frog-splash leap onto an opponent.

Crowd members chanted "Eddie" and remained silent as the ringside bell was rung 10 times, said Wade Keller, publisher and editor of Minneapolis-based www.pwtorch.com and Pro Wrestling Torch, a weekly newsletter.

Chavo Guerrero said his uncle was candid about his past drug and alcohol abuse; he recently reached four years of sobriety. Whether or not his former drug use played a role in his death is unknown; the Hennepin County medical examiner's office said the cause of death might not be known for several weeks.

"With Eddie's history... that no doubt takes a toll on your body, and whether that had anything to do with his untimely demise, I don't know," McMahon said.

Guerrero was in the Twin Cities to film "Friday Night Smackdown" for the UPN Network. About 60 to 80 WWE wrestlers were in town for the show, which included filming for "Monday Night RAW" on the USA channel.

Red-eyed and somber at a news conference, Chavo Guerrero and McMahon said there would be special tributes to Guerrero at both tapings. "It's been devastating," McMahon said.

More info: http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5724133.html

Wow. Just wow. This is hard to imagine. Eddie Guerrero was a top physical specimen. He boasted only 3% body fat. I used to love watching Eddie Guerrero back in his WCW days. Rest in peace, Eddie. You will certainly be missed.

I Know. I know. Its so shocking. He just died out of the blue. :(

I really hope they'll find out what was wrong with him.

I will pray for his family.

Yes, I was shock to learn about this at other forum yesterday. I told my hubby straight way because he is fan of Eddie. He loves to watch WWE every Friday nights (10.15pm)...

i watched the monday night raw and it was definetly * raw* everyone did his signture walk and his signture smackdown in his honor and everyone made a veido in memory of him. it was SO sad even the worse thing was at the end i cried cuz jon cena laid his shirt ( the shirt that said i'm your papi) on the center of the ring and jon left his WWE belt on the floor across the shirt and walked off and made the poeple dim the light cuz he was indeed the poeple's champion!

Yea i was shocked news abt Eddie's death yesterday when i read wwe's news from yahoo i m very fan of Eddie and i neva forget that he is damkn funni! and cheat try won be champ belt but glad that he is with god and i can't beleiver how happen to him since last time i watch him on tv wwe show abt few week ago...and He is only 38 year old as YOUNG!

RIP Eddie Viva La Raza!!!

I already know about it- my mom nofited my family sunday mid-morning- only people in minnesota got news first because words spread like wildfire since he died in Minneapolis. Unfortently, my friend's mom works at that hotel where Eddie died, and I will ask him about how his mom reacts, everything.

My brother and his friend went to WWE match sunday night which was held at Target Center, few blocks down from the hotel where Eddie died at- said lots of people was in sad mood. Last night I watched with my brothers on WWE, it was very interesting- most of wrestelers wore black armband with "EG" on it in memory of Eddie.

Rest in Peace, Eddie...

I found out about this a couple days ago. I was shocked about this. Wow!

May he rest in peace.

update- his wife spoke with a media source in MN- Eddie died of heart failaure. The past drug, achocal problem plus hard workout may contributed to his death. I can't believe that he would end up died like 30 minutes away from where I live. That is strange that my friend's mom work at that hotel... My friend told me that many celebrties stay at that hotel such as Brett Farve, Green Bay Packer team, Kevin Garrentt, some movie stars, Jessica Simpson, few others..

i remind of him about Eddie when he visit my hometown in North Little Rock,Ar for first and second time and he been against Rey (619) for more reasons till summerslam 2005 for custody of Rey's son they Rey won custody of his sons!

and Eddie wanted become friend with Heavy-weight championship Batisia for while and Batisia says dont need shake to Eddie they hugs and Eddie says both thumb-up for friends! and both against with other wrestlers.

if you wanted more read articles in WWE websites
http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/preview/
http://www.wwe.com/superstars/smackdown/eddieguerrero/testimonials/ - tribute to Eddie and remember

i got little cry about Eddie but let him RIP (Rest in Peace) and im felt sorry about his wife and his three daughters and also his mother also & Family

Sara Boyce

Back