Ebay Selling tips.

Does ebay charge you for the listing even if you don't sell the item?
Yes, they do.

Sometimes, they have specials where they won't charge you.

They also have a re-sell special where you try the second time. If it does sell the second time, they won't charge you... since they already charged you the first time.

I want your opinions.

I want to do Money Orders only. Am I limiting potention buyers if I only do Money Orders?

I could do checks, but they can bounce if the buyer doesn't have enough fundings. I would require them to wait until I clear the check. If the check bounces, am I able to require them to pay the bouncing fee?

I'd like to do Money Order as I don't have to pay paypal fees or worry about bouncing checks.

Thanks for your help.

I want your opinions.

I want to do Money Orders only. Am I limiting potention buyers if I only do Money Orders?

I could do checks, but they can bounce if the buyer doesn't have enough fundings. I would require them to wait until I clear the check. If the check bounces, am I able to require them to pay the bouncing fee?

I'd like to do Money Order as I don't have to pay paypal fees or worry about bouncing checks.

Thanks for your help.
Money Orders are good cuz you know you'll get the money. However, it might lower the number of people who can pay you. Have you thought about PayPal?

If you do checks, you can simply add a comment that anyone who writes personal checks will have to wait a few days extra until the check goes through and is approved before you ship the item.

Here's what people have to wait for when paying like this:

Personal Checks: time to mail the check to you; time to process the personal check; time to ship the product back to the buyer

Money Order: time to mail the check to you; time to ship the product back to the buyer

PayPal: time to ship the product back to the buyer

Yes, PayPal costs money... but a very small percentage. If you're so worried about the cost of PayPal... just add a few cents more to your starting bid.

For instance, if you want to sell an item with the starting bid of $10 and it could cost you 10 cents to use it through PayPal, then make your starting bid $10.10. It may look unusual, but it would likely get people's attention. ;)

Hello, thank you. I forgot this thread because I didn't receive a response fast. Yeah, I was worried about PayPal charges.

It seems worry-free to use money order only, but I thought I might not get people interested with that.

I guess it don't matter as long as I put down Check and Money Order if I don't want PayPal. The thing with Check is if it doesn't clear, and you can't charge the buyer for not having sufficient money in the account.

I never understood why the bank charges the one depositing the check, when it's the other person's fault for writing a false check.

Hello, thank you. I forgot this thread because I didn't receive a response fast. Yeah, I was worried about PayPal charges.

It seems worry-free to use money order only, but I thought I might not get people interested with that.

I guess it don't matter as long as I put down Check and Money Order if I don't want PayPal. The thing with Check is if it doesn't clear, and you can't charge the buyer for not having sufficient money in the account.

I never understood why the bank charges the one depositing the check, when it's the other person's fault for writing a false check.
I've never heard of a bank charging you for depositing a bad check by someone else.

They do charge you for writing a bad check... $20 to $30 (varies on the bank).

As for PayPal, they do charge a very small percentage... no biggie.

I've never heard of a bank charging you for depositing a bad check by someone else.

They do charge you for writing a bad check... $20 to $30 (varies on the bank).

As for PayPal, they do charge a very small percentage... no biggie.

There are charges if you deposit someone else's bad check.

Why you pay for someone else's bad check

Here is a link that will explain it.

Yeah, it just doesn't explain why we are responsible. Yes, we deposit them, but the person who wrote the check should be responsible to ensure there's enough funds in their account.

I guess it's more complicated for the bank to do it this way, but I think that if banks held the the person who wrote the check responsible, then people might be more responsible rather than blame the one who deposit it.

Just my opinion.

Yeah, that's why I think Money Order is better.

I tried PayPal twice for two people's orders, and I don't seem to like it. Maybe I need to get used to it.

ClearSky.... USPS is United States Postal Services..... Best to have them send you the Post Office Money order than regular money order because sometimes there's some fake money order other than Post Office Money Order.... So, just beware of that!!! =O)

Well, my friend got arrested for cashing a fake money order that wasn't hers, somebody sent her a fake one. She was released from the jail and the charges were dropped. The police recently found that it's real money order *shrugs* It seems the clerk at the money store didn't do the job. :dunno: You gotta be very careful what you get, it's scary!

Thank you about the usps money order.
Yes, it's just not good to look blame the person cashing the check when they did not write it out or have a way of knowing what's in someone else's personal checking account.

Back