Earmolds!!! Ughhh

babyangel5302

Reaction score
hi all deaf..
are soft molds better than hard molds?
they have been giving my ears so much trouble.
i only wear hearing aids to just at least be aware of my suroundings bt im thinking about not wearing them at all if these hard molds keep annyoing me.

i only wear hearing aids to just at least be aware of my suroundings but im thinking about not wearing them at all if these hard molds keep annyoing me.

Sound like me I am going to trying soft mould from lloyds.com soon and will compare the two and post resuts

As a many years wearer, I can assure you soft is far better. I think you must have a bad audiologist if the gave you hard mold when you are deaf enough to only get environmental awareness with aids.

That degree of loss actually requires a soft mold.

but you say you are new to the deaf world right? so you might just be used to the hearing aids right 23? or what do u mean

I grew up in ORAL Deaf(slow progessive loss) family (lip reading lets us speak so why wear hearing aids and sign)

I got my first aids when I went into care at 14

I have moved into my own flat and now use a combinate of speech and fingerspelling(only have use of 1 hand due to cp).

im not oral deaf but i think that is cool thanks for answering my questions and i hope that your hearing aid soft molds turn out for the best. haha because ihave to find out what im going to do but thanks so much and thats very nice that you continue to do what you can good luck!

I have full shell soft moulds, they are usually used if you have severe or profound loss to reduce feedback, they seal up your ears better. I haven't used hard moulds since I was a child but I remember getting a lot more feedback with them. Soft moulds are quite comfortable too, once you get used to them, I can hardly feel them in my ears.

I have full shell soft moulds, they are usually used if you have severe or profound loss to reduce feedback, they seal up your ears better. I haven't used hard moulds since I was a child but I remember getting a lot more feedback with them. Soft moulds are quite comfortable too, once you get used to them, I can hardly feel them in my ears.

I'v always been given a hard earmold even though I do have a profound hearing loss. Recently they have given me soft earmoulds, but they do tend to irritable my ear

I used to have hard molds for allergy reasons. The Lucite was the only material that didn't try to kill me! Now I have soft molds and they are sooooo much better. I work with kids and when they hit you in the ear with hard molds it hurts a lot!

im not oral deaf but i think that is cool thanks for answering my questions and i hope that your hearing aid soft molds turn out for the best. haha because ihave to find out what im going to do but thanks so much and thats very nice that you continue to do what you can good luck!

Ask for hypo-allergenic earmolds.

yeah me too someone just told me to shave them down lol but i mean its funny ive had them done over a while back so they arent too small so thats not the issue

but yeah soft molds are rarely given as a choice i guess id have to special order them hmmm...since you were a child okay yeah kids usually get them

but my audiologist didnt say i needed soft ones....lol i guess i need a new audiologist ehh...

oh ok we are usually given soft molds lol but thats not the case with my audiologist how werid blah! and she was the main one since like forever that ive had

and lissa they irritate ur ear? sorry to hear that so i guess it all depends on the person i see lol...well

and hypo-allergenic well i dont think im allergic though idk we will see

ohh and full soft shell molds they dont give you enough breathing room i dont like them at all lol....

but i guess this is my turning point to just try them out or just not wear them at all

----thanks all-----

Softies are best. My new ones are blue and white striped sparkled. They are so much better than the hard ones. They seem to be easy to clean, they are light and I can wear them longer with less discomfort.

Back