Earmold questions

evil_queen_lisa

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Sorry I haven't been around a lot lately. Forgot my laptop charger at school and so i didn't have my username and password to log on to post!
Anyway, I have a question about earmolds for all of you.
I recently got a new pair made because i ripped on of my old ones. Anyway, my old ones had vents, about a mm or 2 at their smallest and belled to the outside. My new ones are the same. We have run the feedback manager on my Naida V UPs successfully. Now here is my question, my thresholds are below, I am wondering if I will get more benefit from an earmold with no vents?? I just got these new earmolds in december, but if I might get an increase in benefit from them, then it may be worth the $130 again.
Anyway, I am interested in your thoughts. Too bad there aren't any audiologists on this site.

----Thresholds-----
........250 - 500 - 750 - 1000 - 1500 - 2000 - 3000 - 4000 - 6000 - 8000
Left:..85---100---110---110---120----110----110---110----105----95
Rigt:..80---100---110---110---110----110----115---110----105----95

----Stapedial Acoustic Reflexes----
Contra Right - N/R 105 for all Hz
Contra Left - N/R 105 for all Hz

----Middle Ear Pressure----
Normal both

----Static Compliance----
Normal both

----Speech Recognition----
first tried sentences with HAs, but I didn't get any of them, so we skipped speech in the booth

--------------------------------------------------
Thanks for any input!
*EQL*

PS - I will post some pictures of my new earmolds when i have a chance. They are red/orange swirl with red tubes!!! :D

See my signature for my hearing loss. I have Naida IX UPs and have no vent in my earmolds. I only get feedback when I try to take the earmold out of my ear before turning off the HA (and I've worn a tight fitting knit hat over them).

I don't have vents either. Not having vents reduces the possibility of feedback when you have severe/profound hearing loss.

Back