earmold costs

DDs are $60ea last time we got them and not covered by ins. They do have a 90 day warranty though, so since she's growing so quick, I get them checked before that and get them replaced if needed.

That's what I pay for DS's & he used to outgrow them in a couple weeks.

Now, he can go about 6 months in between so I have to pay each time.

And my sucky insurance only covers $500 every three years. Might as well not have any coverage. :roll:

ook ...heyy im comin there soon to visit my grents:) lol we get 500 per ear every 3 years as well from the govt...thought u were in my province for a sec lol

the reason for the cost is due to they are made custom and by hand it take a lot of work to make them, I found some vids but none of them have captions :( it sucks that some insurance wont cover them .

I am getting a new earmold this week. It will cost 75 bucks, and thanks to this thread, I know I need to pay cash. :lol:

Going in this Wed for new earmolds. Am curious about the cost now than a year ago. :hmm:

I don't begrudge the companies the cost of making the earmolds.

I am mad at the insurance companies for not covering more. My company is self-insured, so I really need to hound our HR department about how bad the hearing coverage is.

Well, they do offer "Hear PO." Has anyone used this?

I'm not switching audis for my son; he's got a nearly 4 year relationship with her and she's the only one he cooperates with. So, whatever we have to pay, we do, to keep working with her.

I have hear PO insurance, but I haven't use it yet. I might for audiology visit and such. HearPO is usually provided in workplaces so you can ask whoever is handling insurances at your work if they would add HearPO.

The problem is, HearPO will not cover processor upgrade for Cochlear implant. They say it is the medical insurance responsibility. Well, medical insurance won't cover upgrades either. I'm not sure why either. If they see it as hearing aids, then I think HearPO should cover it. If they see it as medical equipments, then they should cover it. It's very confusing. But neither one will cover it, and you have to pay out of your pocket. Things may have change now, but that's what I experienced couple years ago.

I got my new earmold today, and the cost was 73 dollars.
Now it saves me from the trouble of saying "I must be wanted at the hospital" when someone asks me what the noise is coming from my head.

Insanity!

I live in NB, Canada, and just got mine today... cost me $80 for one, it's ridiculous!!

the cost of silicone is skyrocketing , the cost I pay for the stuff not dissimilar to the ones my ear molds are made with has doubled in price, but I still think the prices have a lot to do with the amount of work going in to making them it take more then 20 hours of hands on work for some types.

Back