e-reading For hearing People Only?

S0rceress0

Reaction score
I have looked for this book electronically for at least a week or two now and have had no luck.
I cannot order the physical copy, nor could I keep it if I got it.
No one from the website FHPO.com has gotten back to me about a copy I could read on my e-reader/laptop.
I would really like to read this book! Several people here have recommended it as well as one person not on the board.
Any ideas?

I don't think they have a digital copy available. The publish company has to have a deal with the sellers like amazon or barnes and nobles to release a e-reader version.

Also the book is kinda old before e-readers were all that of today so that's probably another reason why there is not a digital version yet. If they make a 4th edition, they might release a digital copy too.

I don't think they have a digital copy available. The publish company has to have a deal with the sellers like amazon or barnes and nobles to release a e-reader version.

Also the book is kinda old before e-readers were all that of today so that's probably another reason why there is not a digital version yet. If they make a 4th edition, they might release a digital copy too.

Actually, it's very easy to release a published version without a big company taking the sales anymore. Smashwords and LuLu are just two that make it easy to sell a downloadable version of a book. I'll have to wait on it for now though. I see the Corvallis library doesn't have it, but if the Book Bin has it, I may be able to read it there. Thanks much :)

I thought the e-reader was for everybody. :scratch:

My good deaf friend got Kobo reader from the Chapters (Canada's largest bookstore) and he loved it.

I am here today. There is a very real possibility each month I won't be in this particular place anymore. I keep all my books electronic so they can all go with me :)
Do you have a relative with a stable address who could forward a secondhand book to you?

From my experience with second-hand mail orders of books, you live in the town with the biggest business in the country (Book Bin) But they don't have it.

Do you have a relative with a stable address who could forward a secondhand book to you?

From my experience with second-hand mail orders of books, you live in the town with the biggest business in the country (Book Bin) But they don't have it.

To make it blatant: I keep all my books electronic because I'm usually homeless. I cannot keep what I cannot carry. I'll just wait until they come out with a digital version or if I find a bookstore that carries it, I'll endeavor to read it in the store.

I keep all my books electronic because I'm usually homeless.
I've been there. :hug: You are so fortunate to have been able to get an e-book reader before the gate fell.

I've been there. :hug: You are so fortunate to have been able to get an e-book reader before the gate fell.

If anyone has any links to any other electronic books on Deaf culture, I would be happy to read those too :)

Actually, it's very easy to release a published version without a big company taking the sales anymore. Smashwords and LuLu are just two that make it easy to sell a downloadable version of a book. I'll have to wait on it for now though. I see the Corvallis library doesn't have it, but if the Book Bin has it, I may be able to read it there. Thanks much :)

Try the Little Rock, AR library website. I believe their entire collection has been made available digitally for e-readers so you might have a look there. You might be able to sign up for this service online.

Back