DVDs that are NOT subtitled.

Hmmm... closed captions apparently is more accurate as subtitles tend to shorten everything so with jokes, the most important part of the joke is edited out to make room for the subtitles. However, I prefer subtitles because of the font and size, it makes it easier to read and closed captions needs a certain program or special DVD player with the encoder inside to play the closed captions. Subtitles can easily be turned on with a normal DVD player and some DVD programs.

yeah I prefer subtitles too, I have watched "American Splendor" 2 times comparing with the difference between CC and Subtitles... the subtitles were good however the actors would say unimportant things like "Yeah" "Hey" "Oh man" etc. or mumbling... and the closed captions showed every single word the actors said even when they mumble...

Hmm... I'll see if I can find a screen shot and attach it... just so people can see the difference.

I've attached a pic with a screenshot of a movie with both closed captions and subtitles turned on. It's not very good but it should explain the difference. The closed captions is the one in all capital letters.

Attachments

• IMG_11192.jpg
    IMG_11192.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Ziusudra said:
I've attached a pic with a screenshot of a movie with both closed captions and subtitles turned on. It's not very good but it should explain the difference. The closed captions is the one in all capital letters.
ahh.. you can click set up.. you see close caption turn off.. then turn on subtitles.

Mostly I reilable on DVD subititles all the time.. not necessary to use C.C. on.. If you not DVD.. Which there already have C.C. automatic close caption..

No worries free! :)

Matrix Revolution

surprised that matrix revolution will release tomorrow but for subtitled french and spanish only none english. I hope they will work on CC

Really? It's subtitled in English in Australia, I rented it. It should have CC at least.

Christo said:
surprised that matrix revolution will release tomorrow but for subtitled french and spanish only none english. I hope they will work on CC

I brought own Matrix Revolution. It has subtitle in ENGLISH. :) ~ yipe

So far, I only know that Transformer and The Man Show in DVD have no CC or subtitle. :( ~ sobing

illustrator said:
So far, I only know that Transformer and The Man Show in DVD have no CC or subtitle. :( ~ sobing
There is anime fansub that release Transformer with subtitles.

Ziusudra said:
Hmmm... closed captions apparently is more accurate as subtitles tend to shorten everything so with jokes, the most important part of the joke is edited out to make room for the subtitles. However, I prefer subtitles because of the font and size, it makes it easier to read and closed captions needs a certain program or special DVD player with the encoder inside to play the closed captions. Subtitles can easily be turned on with a normal DVD player and some DVD programs.
Yeah, my date (who is hearing) told me same thing about subtitle issues. She said many movies that comes with subtitles missed lots of words. Since I have a new generation of pioneer DVD player, it show CC in every movies that support Closed Caption hence there isn't anything to worry about lack of words in USA movies.

Is that Transformers the movie?? I know that doesn't have subtitles, and I would like to see it.

All of transformers series included movies are subtitled that release by anime fansub I believe..

Since I am a staff of anime community, I will find out more information about that one and see if I (or we) can get it.

The DVD of "The Hulk" did not have subtitles! GURR! Evil bastards!

The Hulk?? I've got that and it's subtitled, but I'm in Australia so that could be why. Anime fansubs, they're better than nothing I suppose.

Vain said:
The DVD of "The Hulk" did not have subtitles! GURR! Evil bastards!

I have The Hulk movie DVD has CC and subtitled. I think you may order old the Hulk TV series and movies. :o

DeafNYCPlayer72 said:
I have The Hulk movie DVD has CC and subtitled. I think you may order old the Hulk TV series and movies. :o

The Hulk is distributed by Universal Studios, and they don't put captioning on their DVDs, only subtitles.

I know Universal Studios and how they develop their DVDs.

Even EDGEIN isn't neither captioned or subtitled only in spanish subtitle. That pissed me off big time! ARGHS! I think independent films should follow the law just like those major films does! :rl:

AquaMaiden said:
I think independent films should follow the law just like those major films does! :rl:

No, they shouldn't be forced to. If we force them to do that, they will suffer a lot of financial problems.

We shouldn't require such things to make ourselves happy while making the others miserable.

Ziusudra and Transformers fans, no luck about getting subtitled transformers and found out that Rhino Video (studio that release Transformers to americans) filed a complaint against fansub community so all transformers removed from servers and all.

That is really annoying.. I would not mind to buy these Transformers DVDs myself but without CC or subtitles, it does not worth a penny.

Well...

Fansub community is illegal, ya know? Because few fansub owners did break fansub rules.

Fansub Rules: Do not sell fansub videos to anyone.

I did see few fansub owners did sell in ebay or street by secret life. Many fansub community was upset when legal distributors discovered some fansubs in ebay or street, then legal distributors filed to sue fansub community, not illegal fansub sellers for shutting down.

Now that is debatable.. According to animeondvd, Fansubbing itself isn't illegal if US Distribution did not license any animes. For example, if Anime X isn't license by US Distribution yet then it is considering as legal to release Anime X and share the fansubbed anime as long as it isn't sell or in any way to profit or licensed unless state otherwise.

if they sells fansub animes then I agree with you that it is illegal in any way and I would be piss off if they do.

Last edited:
Back