Dude, where are my hearing aids?

DefMATRIXense

Reaction score
By the way, I researched a different brand names of hearing aids and listen to people"s comment in a deaf community and I decided to trust Phonak and hopefully I made a right decision.

Now, I am debating to pick between Phonak Naida or Phonak Versata. I am torning because those are great. I was also considered to get Phonak Exelia however I don't see any difference between that and Naida, and Versata. Price is not important to me. The final decision will be on Dec 28th.

With your fashion help, I have hard time to decide which color earmold to look better for hearing aids and for Versata, I selected Black/Cobalt hearing aids and for Naida, I selected Black/White since they don't have Cobait/Black available.

Let's discuss....

If black is definitely the color of your aids you buy, why not get black earmolds?

Then you are all in the same color spectrum.:cool2:

mm i wouldn't like black ear molds..i am getting the versatas 2morrow in pure translucent which are basically clear..lol

mm i wouldn't like black ear molds..i am getting the versatas 2morrow in pure translucent which are basically clear..lol

alicia,

what color will your earmolds be? (even though i don't understand the concept of colors, i'm still curious to know what they will be.) will the color of your earmolds match your versatas?

The versatas are clear and see thru so u can see the hardware inside the hearing aid so i thought thas was cool...my earmold is clear as well so u cant really see it it blends with my skin but its not flesh colored

as for the color black, both of my freedom ci processors are black. i originally wanted silver due to its' high tech look (so i've been told), but at the time, cochlear had problems with the outer finish peeling off (this problem has since been resolved). since silver was no longer an option, i chose black since it's a neutral color that goes with everything (my former ci audi told me this).

The versatas are clear and see thru so u can see the hardware inside the hearing aid so i thought thas was cool...my earmold is clear as well so u cant really see it it blends with my skin but its not flesh colored

that sounds awesome! i hope you'll give us a report tomorrow on your versatas!

Now you made me reconsider the color of hearing aids and earmold. I didn't realize that pure translucent is a clear color which you can see through the inside of the hardware of the hearing aid. :D

I have a question is how to create an earmold color? Am I supposed to ask my audiologist so she can order one or make by mixing color and inject into my ears for earmold? I am thinking about black/Cobait camouflage earmold. :D

I have a question is how to create an earmold color? Am I supposed to ask my audiologist so she can order one or make by mixing color and inject into my ears for earmold? I am thinking about black/Cobait camouflage earmold. :D

Just tell the audiologist. Labs have lots of experience. Black/cobalt camouflage is easy to picture.:)

the Naida has more power than the Excelia's, from my understanding. I don't know anything about the Versatas, but I'm sure they are also good. I've always been really happy with Phonak's older products (I had way too many difficulties with the Naida, and an audiologist that is just not at all qualified to make the right adjustments so I gave up and went back to the Supero hearing aid).

Good luck with your new hearing aids and earmolds!

What's your hearing loss like? Naidas may not be right for you as they only are designed for a very small group of people.

There are translucent coloured aids too! Mine a purple translucent and you can see everything inside! Phonak normally has purple, red, blue, and clear translucent.

What's your hearing loss like? Naidas may not be right for you as they only are designed for a very small group of people.

There are translucent coloured aids too! Mine a purple translucent and you can see everything inside! Phonak normally has purple, red, blue, and clear translucent.

Who you reffering to? In that case for me, I havent asked the result but I will. I am sure my audiologist knows what to do and will tell me with those different of hearing aids I wanted to get.

Who you reffering to? In that case for me, I havent asked the result but I will. I am sure my audiologist knows what to do and will tell me with those different of hearing aids I wanted to get.

Naidas are designed for people with a severe-profound loss with very little or no high frequency hearing. They are power aids.

Back