DTV for the Deaf

Miss-Delectable

Reaction score
DTV for the Deaf | KSFY.com - Your Source for News, Sports, Weather, and Community Events Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57104 | Local News

"When a deaf person sits down and enjoys the analog TV, and all of the sudden, it becomes static, they're going to wonder where to go for help," says Dr. Bobbie Beth Scoggins, COO for Communications Service for the Deaf. It's those very reasons why the CSD has developed a new service to help consumers.

Communications Director Derric Miller explains the program; "we'll be launching a help center; which is a call center and also a new website. This is all to inform the nation's deaf and hard of hearing people of the DTV transition."

"I think they are sitting in their living rooms enjoying TV as they know it today, but they don't know what will be taking place," explains Scoggins. "We can do outreach and disseminate information and build things like this call center and this website," adds Miller.

While this new service is certainly targeted towards the deaf and hard of hearing, the help center is open to anyone who might have questions. "Our help center is prepared to provide you with a great deal of information," Scoggins said.

The CSD has hired a staff of hearing people as well those fluent in sign language, so if a deaf person prefers to see and use sign language, they can do so via video phone.

The new help center will launch Monday, with the opening of the phone lines and grand opening of the website. To visit that help center website, click here.

Dtv with cc is very horrible that I ever seen cc is delay time not finish convestion at end for commerical time etc .... very horrible I wish I know where to file complaint against all of station for horrible cc I ever seen

Dtv with cc is very horrible that I ever seen cc is delay time not finish convestion at end for commerical time etc .... very horrible I wish I know where to file complaint against all of station for horrible cc I ever seen

YOu wish you knew where to file complaint? right? then how about checking the site out: CSD: DTV Transition this is the same site mentioned in the article. contact them. :)

It is the best way for you to move it a different area in your room. I am sure that your TV will be clear if you put your antenna (rabbit ears) right near the window because your house insulation walls are thick that a sort of block your antenna's air waves. Please let us know if it is working.

Also remember the DTV doesn't work off those 2 long antennas either. It uses what UHF used to use. Those round wire or other part of box. I just pushed the long ones back to shortest and position other part or whole box to get best reception the best I could.

use rabbit antenna with power-up or tower antenna. Either are best to capture every channel available in location.

Back