Driving regulation for deafs issue

tommys

Reaction score
Dear mods.

As driving security is a very important thing for all of us, i propose to create new threads here.

I would like to share about a topic which i think very important to us. It's about " Are deafs like us still allowed to drive and have driving license ? "
I need to share opinion about it, because i'm not sure about driving regulation for deafs like us. I believe there will be differences between states and countries.

And also if you have some situation like... when you already have driving license and stopped by a hearing policeman whom don't speak ASL ? Will the difficulties in communicating to the officer be the reason to sue you ? I'm affraid he may sue me by saying " How can you drive well if you don't hear a thing ? It's a crime, so i'll take your license ! " Wew....:dunno:....!

I believe some of us need to make "international Driving License" too right ?

as long as you pay some money

I don't know, but i'm affraid, if i ask them, and it's true deafs are not permitted on the road, they will take my license.....:nono:...oh no..i don't want that happened. So i better keep in silence....ha....:giggle:

Frankly, i'm not afraid driving in here because as long as you pay some money, you can still get driving license, No matter you're qualified or not.....( or pay the policeman if he cacth u....:smash: ) But the problem is, i want to make an international driving license. That's why i ask you guys.

Umm All I know is USA, Canada, UK, Australia and most of Western Europe permit deaf to drive on road, but Asia, South America, Mexico, and Africa is a :dunno: for us Americans to know if deaf permit to drive there no matter if they hold an international license.

Actually there is NO international license for either deaf or hearing drivers. You would need to have an International Driving Permit, that is because it is just merely a TRANSLATION of the language of your own driver's license that was issued to you by your country, to one of the major official languages of the United Nations.

Example: If I hold an American driver's license, and I want to drive a car in Japan, I have to go to the AAA and get my license translated from English to Japanese and they bind it with the International Driving Permit.

Back