Driver changes tire in middle of I-95

Calvin

In Hazzard County
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Changing-Tire-jpg.jpg

Hallandale Beach, Fla - Driving in South Florida rush hour traffic is hard enough as it is. Adding numbskull drivers to the mix only makes things worse.

Unfortunately, one such nitwit plagued the busy lanes of Interstate 95 on Wednesday morning.

In the middle of peak drive time, the unknown driver with a flat tire decided it was best to stop his car in a middle lane instead of pulling off to the side of the road.

t was then that the gentlemen risked his life and those of other commuters by getting out of the car and changing his front left tire.

The blockheaded maneuver occurred in the northbound lanes just south of Hallandale Beach Boulevard.

Thankfully, the driver left the site unscathed and all traffic tie-ups were brief.

http://www.local10.com/news/driver-...95/34676470?utm_source=facebook_WPLG_Local_10

Wow... I'd be nervous enough changing a tire on the shoulder of a busy highway, but right in the middle?! Haha, crazy guy.

Balls...sure.....also stupid as a goat..
Sheesh...

Yikes!

He's endangering himself and others who will have to dodge him.

O-O

and I thought I saw some wild things on my trip to and from Wilson recently.... or even that one time in Florida on I-4 back in 1994...

Though this guy rivals the one where I once saw a nice shiny ladder laying in the middle of I-77- drivers were able to avoid it. Then I saw where it came from, the guy had stopped his truck right where an off ramp diverges from 77. He was about to go running onto I-77 to retrieve it. eek...nope didn't stick around to see if he made it or not.

O-O

and I thought I saw some wild things on my trip to and from Wilson recently.... or even that one time in Florida on I-4 back in 1994...

Though this guy rivals the one where I once saw a nice shiny ladder laying in the middle of I-77- drivers were able to avoid it. Then I saw where it came from, the guy had stopped his truck right where an off ramp diverges from 77. He was about to go running onto I-77 to retrieve it. eek...nope didn't stick around to see if he made it or not.
I would think trying to cross an interstate would be harder than most people think. It'd be so easy to underestimate how fast 65-80mph really is and how quickly those seemingly far away cars will be on top of you.

I would think trying to cross an interstate would be harder than most people think. It'd be so easy to underestimate how fast 65-80mph really is and how quickly those seemingly far away cars will be on top of you.

Yeah, kinda like how people miscalculate how fast an oncoming train is......

Yeah, kinda like how people miscalculate how fast an oncoming train is......
Getting hit by a train takes a special kind of stupid or maybe really really bad luck. I mean the thing is on rails, you know where it's going and you know it's not going to stop for you.

p.s. no offense to anyone who has been hit by a train.

Getting hit by a train takes a special kind of stupid or maybe really really bad luck. I mean the thing is on rails, you know where it's going and you know it's not going to stop for you.

p.s. no offense to anyone who has been hit by a train.
Not if you are deaf and happen to not see the train on a curve or something. I remember crossing the tracks as a teenager and almost got hit with train coming around a curve. Really did not realize how fast it can be on you before you know it.

Looks like he is waiting for someone to hit his car, then next day he get a new 2015 BMW M3 from someone's auto insurance.

He was taking a risk and probably was thinking of Death Wish. But he survived. He was lucky. Next time, he probably won't be lucky. :(

Been in a similar situation, it's traumatic enough, sometimes you can't think it through, just act out the first thing that comes to mind! Girls, a piece of advice - loosen the lugnuts before raising the vehicle.

Did he get a ticket.

ff you been away glad you back is all ok

Been in a similar situation, it's traumatic enough, sometimes you can't think it through, just act out the first thing that comes to mind! Girls, a piece of advice - loosen the lugnuts before raising the vehicle.

I wouldn't be able to try and change a tire anymore, my dad showed me
how to do this and had me jack up my car. I got a flat tire once and I pulled over on the side of the road and had no cell phone and a police car drove by on the other side of the road , the saw me trying to flag someone down and the jerk just drove on. Someone I knew stopped and called AAA for me. It's was scary being stuck on the highway with the way some people drive , glad you didn't get hurt.

I wouldn't be able to try and change a tire anymore, my dad showed me
how to do this and had me jack up my car. I got a flat tire once and I pulled over on the side of the road and had no cell phone and a police car drove by on the other side of the road , the saw me trying to flag someone down and the jerk just drove on. Someone I knew stopped and called AAA for me. It's was scary being stuck on the highway with the way some people drive , glad you didn't get hurt.
Since you didn't explain what the road looked like.. if it was a divided highway I can see why the "jerk" cop didn't stop (interesting that the poor cop gets singled out of all the people who zoomed by anyway too). I can't imagine why anyone would stop dead in the middle of the opposite lane(or pull to the side) AND try to run across two(or more) lanes of traffic unless it was a road that sees very little traffic.

Happened in my city a few days ago...on I-10...guy got his car into the emergency lane and started changing his tire....got hit and killed by a hit-and-run driver....they are still looking for the driver....

Bad news to have a flat or blow out...even a break down on the expressways...turning on your emergency lights help?...and if it's during rush hours...you have to deal with other drivers cussing and giving you the bird....I avoid the expressways as much as I can, even if it's a longer drive.

Back