Down with the "End of The World" movies!!!!!

Wirelessly posted (Sidekick LX: Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

To me, nah. I actually enjoy watching 'em through I am not worry about the end of world. Cos... well, it is only a fiction! ;)

Surprised no one mentioned "Left behind"

yeah, alot of movies are about End of the world and saving it .
Even Superman had this.

And Heroes.

oh and Austin Power too LOL when he tried to save the world from Dr. Evil

you guys are great I think the only reason people are scared of the movie is that they think that its actually goingto happen. I mean its like 666 it happens every 1,000 years. and peope are all like omg we are going to die.

Not only the 666, but Global warming as well (like the movie "waterworld"... for some reasons, a lot of people hated that movie, but I didn't think it was so bad)

There was... and the Omega Man was a remake of "The Last Man On Earth" starring Vincent Price... "I am Legend" was a remake of "The Omega Man".

:lol: I remember the Vincent Price film, he was living in a normal house and the zombies would bang on the windows and door all night!:shock: At least Charlton Heston lived high up at top of building!

Not only the 666, but Global warming as well (like the movie "waterworld"... for some reasons, a lot of people hated that movie, but I didn't think it was so bad)
Waterworld with Kevin Costner and Dennis Hopper... was... o.k. Not great but not so terrible. It was more of an Aqua Road Warrior than anything else.

Probably what turned a lot of people off was the idea that the world would be covered totally in water and many bible thumpers say that's impossible because God promised that he wouldn't do that again and keeps his promise with a rainbow in the sky... (hokey I know).

Waterworld with Kevin Costner and Dennis Hopper... was... o.k. Not great but not so terrible. It was more of an Aqua Road Warrior than anything else.

Probably what turned a lot of people off was the idea that the world would be covered totally in water and many bible thumpers say that's impossible because God promised that he wouldn't do that again and keeps his promise with a rainbow in the sky... (hokey I know).
If by "bible thumpers" you mean Christians, then they are correct--the world will not experience a world-wide flood. However, none of the movie end-of-the-world scenarios are realistic, so why pick on just this one? The world isn't going to end with a take over by zombies, apes, or space aliens either. :giggle:

I watched Left Behind 1, 2, 3, 4. I believe Jesus will coming soon anytime. I don't have to worry about World's end. God can replace a new earth.

I don't believe in World will be end in 2012. I can see people have a panic attack and think it's real. It will never be happen. My old science 7 grade teacher said Los Angeles would be sink in 2005. In LA never did. And the people thought Yk2 will be end the world. I didn't buy this BS! I was graduated in 2000. The people thought the computers will be down but never happened it either. :p

I agree with them, The Earth is not going to flood like that, and according to scientists, they don't think it ever was. But anyway, Like Reba, it's just a movie.

I agree with them, The Earth is not going to flood like that, and according to scientists, they don't think it ever was. But anyway, Like Reba, it's just a movie.

Yeah! I agree with this either. God creation of Earth. I don't believe in scientist of myth. God created of science as possible. That is sad for people don't believe in God's creation of Earth and they thought scientists are fact make them believe and try to scare them. It coming from Devil scare people.

The movies is fiction!

I'm not sure where the link is, but I have seen a pictures where they found the chariot wheels in the red sea, where the water was parted. They had found the site of where the Ark was. They have found all kinds of things to prove the bible.

Off my soap box now. Sorry.

Deep Impact was too intense for me. I ended up with the scenes replaying over and over and over in my head for like 2 months!

I ain't gonna watch 2012, I don't need frightening scenes in my heads for months on end. It will only make my anxiety worse.

I saw the remake of Dawn of the dead. And I was having nightmares for 2 WEEKS afterward.

My dad say's I opened a can of worms...well I think I personally opened the right can of worms 37 posts on this you guys are the best (like I've said before.) I agree with allot of you. I have seen the left behind movies also. they weren't that great but also coming from a nonreligious person surrounded by a religious family you can see my point?

Surprised no one mentioned "Left behind"

Left Behind was SO lame. Not exciting at all, not much action. People disappear and other people wonder why, and that's the end of the story, not much of a storyline. It was a waste of the money I spent on this movie. Very boring movie.

Left Behind was SO lame. Not exciting at all, not much action. People disappear and other people wonder why, and that's the end of the story, not much of a storyline. It was a waste of the money I spent on this movie. Very boring movie.

The book series "Left Behind" wasn't much better. :P I thought it a badly written series. I didn't even finish the first book in that series.

I love those kind of movies, the "end of the world" theme movies.... I find them enjoyable, because everyone have all these creative ideas of how the world would've ended.

Can't think of any atm...will come back when I do :)

Don't really care much for end of the world movies...when it happens it happens

Back