Door Handle broken

Dino65

Reaction score
I have a Toyota Corella car '02 .. I broke the driver side's handle .. I can't open it from the outside but I can open from the inside. This is my second time within 6 months. My dad replaced it from me. This time I have decided to do it myself. How and where do I get the new handle? .. and How to fix it? I know I will have to open it up of the door and replace it inside. Please Help! I don't want to ask my dad again bec he is nearly 72 and do the Bathroom/Kitchen carpentry works at home. He loves to keep himself busy everyday but I don't want overload him!

Varoom-ly,

Dino

Your best bet is to go over to the local junkyard and ask to see how to get the door handle fixed and go home, do it yourself. Just ask the junkyard for advice.

Why don't you get yourself one of those do-it-yourself books that tell you how to fix your car. Also, visit your local AutoZone or something. I'm sure they'll have something. Maybe, a junk yard?

go Toyota cars dealer and Service... Have them order part??

Autozone sometimes will do free simple repairs on your car if you buy the product then they will do simple repairs if the store is not too busy. I have seen people ask for Autozone guys to come out take a look at the truck/car and go back in the store then find the product and the people pay for it then the Autozone guy says come on, man I'll show you how to fix it then off ya go and make sure to remember how he showed you how to do it yourself the next time.

I suggest you to take it apart to see whether you are able to fix it. You need to be careful not to break the cover, etc. (A few months ago, my father fixed his broken lock door, and it took a long time for him to take it apart. He was relief that he saved his money.)

It is cheaper for you to buy the part at a junk yard. Toyota's car part shop is always rip off. For your last resort, you will need to buy one at the Toyota's shop.

Look up your manual book to see if there is information how to fix it - if it is not there, then go to the library and look up cars (Chilton books).

Good Luck!

Back