Doom 3

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
I just played the game and would like to say that the graphics are great.

However, I'm really disappointed about one major thing in the game... subtitles!

Argh! There's one part of the game in the beginning where you have to type in a locker combination. In order to get the combination, you have to listen to an audio file from someone else's PDA. Of course, I can't understand that damn thing! I had a few friends listen as well... even with the sound at full blast... NOTHING! Dammit!

I've already contacted ID asking them to do something about it. Perhaps, you should do the same.

Here's their email address...

support@activision.com

The other thing is that you have to talk to a lot of people in the game and when you don't, you will get lost. That's even worse! :(

alot of ppl always think that only hearing ppl should play the games... :roll:

this is totally unfair and disrespectful...I'm quite surprised that even though we are already in the 21st century and alot and I mean ALOT are getting subtitles but not all anyway...so why can't ID software and Activison do the same thing like other companies who do subtitles? I tell you why...because they don't have enough friggin' money to make subtitles and they released the game too early...in my opinon, it MUST take time to do the subtitles before release because not just deafies would like to play the game, but forgieners who don't know english very well should play games with subtitles for better learning anyway...has ID and Activison EVER thought of anything like that?? No so they were always obsessed with how to creat the game and try to make millions of dollars by selling it without following the americans with disablities act and that is an violation, all right...

Steel said:
alot of ppl always think that only hearing ppl should play the games... :roll:

this is totally unfair and disrespectful...I'm quite surprised that even though we are already in the 21st century and alot and I mean ALOT are getting subtitles but not all anyway....

My biggest complaint is there is no Standard Marking for Subtitles like CC for Movies so you don't find out until you've bought the game and they have your cash.

I remember a Sieraa SWAT 2 Game that was just like this, you had to hear to play it.

I'm glad I'm not a shoot-em-up type game addict any more. I done got hooked to these types to the point I was playing them 15 hrs straight each day.

Im glad I dont do those any more I feel free again!

Richard

Hmm... perhaps, there's a trick to make it subtitled?

I remember playing King's Quest 7. The game was not subtitled nor was there any options that would let you turn it on. However, disabling the sound card before installing the game helped. Since the game detected no sound card, the game switched to subtitled mode during installation. Afterwards, I was able to play the game with subtitles. Perhaps, Doom 3 might have this trick. Wouldn't hurt to try?

However, the Xbox version isn't complete yet so maybe when it gets to be released for Xbox later this year, there may be just a SMALL chance that some parts would be subtitled, because PC and Xbox work different in some parts, you know? lol

this comic was alittle late but still, funny...

20040802l.jpg

PeteEMT said:
My biggest complaint is there is no Standard Marking for Subtitles like CC for Movies so you don't find out until you've bought the game and they have your cash.

I remember a Sieraa SWAT 2 Game that was just like this, you had to hear to play it.
that's why I find it renting to be better than buying it, so you wouldn't have to waste cash on a $50 game that you haven't even played yet...or don't know if it has subtitles...

ASL Doom

Has anyone noticed the details of the hands in Doom3?

Someone needs to make a SIGNED version.

And subtitles in a video game is SUPER Easy.. Most adventure games used to have them for computers that didn't have sound cards.

I'm sure if you write ID, they can patch it eventually.

-John

I read all of your comments....I did once buy xbox game and put on...I discovered it was without subtitle it got me outraged...so I decided to take it back to Gamestop store where I bought the game for 50 bucks and they refuse to refund fully but willing to credit as used game...it got me upset...so I outlined the major point...they realized they got my point...and refunded me fully...most important about before buying the games are

1) call the company this produces the software ask if they have subtitle
2) rent it if subtitle isnt there, complain where u rent it and get it credited (hint) it worked out for me
3) other way call any videogaming stores and ask them...if they arent sure then call company this produces the software

johnesco said:
Has anyone noticed the details of the hands in Doom3?

Someone needs to make a SIGNED version.

And subtitles in a video game is SUPER Easy.. Most adventure games used to have them for computers that didn't have sound cards.

I'm sure if you write ID, they can patch it eventually.

-John
I was thinking the same thing. I already told my friends to contact the company. Perhaps, they will release a patch. :thumb:

hey Vampy if you want the cheats for Doom 3, you can get them at cheatplanet.com or cheatcodes.com...they are great

just like the good ol' days :D

Steel said:
hey Vampy if you want the cheats for Doom 3, you can get them at cheatplanet.com or cheatcodes.com...they are great

just like the good ol' days :D
Ditto. I can't get the old cheats out of my head. Heh!

I usually use the cheats when I've already beaten the game.

Back