Don't you wish that you were able to play...

Chrysanthe

Reaction score
I thought of a thread here, it is part of my study for my major.

There are some deaf went to Residential school and they were able to participate in the sports program, plays and clubs. It is accessible for them.

What about there are some deaf went to hearing schools/mainstreaiming classes?

I remember when I went to a hearing school, I always wanted to play volleyball and basketball for the team. I had the feeeling that they were going to reject me or put me down. You know sometimes we can't help ourselves feeling so restricted for being deaf. I know that was my choices.

That was like over 10 yrs ago, I looked back and I wish that I could be more stronger to prove them that I could play volleyball or basketball. But... thats all over now.

What about you guys? Did you ever feel hestiated to play or did you go for it? I would love to hear your feelings about it.

Please no negative comments in here or bashing. Thanks!!!!!

I really love to be dancer. I was in dance class when i was in 9th grade until 12th grade. I tried out for drill team but I didnt make it. Drill team prefer girls to be hearing. I tried prove drill team girls that I can do it but their decision. I was not very good with any sports. I never want try out for sports.

I was dancer at Utah opera long time ago. I enjoyed and made money. I learned how do hula dancer from a friend because I wanted surprise my husband at my wedding. My husband loved it.

I love to play sports. I play golf a lot nowadays. Its a very personal and silent sport. I love the beauty of being out on the golf course....usually by myself. I play on multiple softball leagues with friends that are hearing, during the games though I feel by myself though. When they are laughing and talking about who knows what I get to feeling left out. I played basketball, baseball, golf and tennis for high school (that was when I was still hearing) and thought I was all that. Playing sports nowadays is much more humbling and I am greatful to even be able to go out and play sports.

Back