Dome Stadiums. Who likes them and who doesn't?

no no. that's for local bars. if you're suggesting to stay at motel and watch tv... that means you're from out of town. but why do that???

just stay home and watch.... or go to sport bar.

How? Its blacked out there too.

If it's blacked out at a bar it will be blocked out at a motel.

Not if you travel to Green Bay and watch Vikings on TV there. I heard Raiders fans went up to motel near Sacramento get to watch the Raiders from the Coliseum.

Not if you travel to Green Bay and watch Vikings on TV there. I heard Raiders fans went up to motel near Sacramento get to watch the Raiders from the Coliseum.

Then go to a bar in Green Bay rather than spend $$ on a motel. :roll:

Then go to a bar in Green Bay rather than spend $$ on a motel. :roll:

Yea its better than sitting in a cold stadium paying $125 a ticket plus parking and food. You could be paying $60 a night at a motel

The way I am interpreting your comments Joker is this: You can travel to Green Bay (from whereever) and go to the game. But the "better experience" is to travel to Green Bay and sit in a motel just to watch the game.

the experience of going to an actual game is far better than traveling to Green Bay and sitting in a MOTEL room. What is the point of that if you can watch it from your home or from a bar practically for free (minus however much gas & travel time...). Not all games are blacked out... I would guess there is some way to view them from home (perhaps ESPN cable package or something).

I agree- this is becoming a very...strange and fast becoming pointless.

I think the idea is that you live close enough to one of the teams playing each other that local TV is blacked out for you. You then drive to a city just far enough away to avoid the blackout — not necessarily all the way to the city where the other team is located. If going to a motel you can make your own snacks and also not have to worry about someone being a desiginated driver as you would if you went to a bar.

Because when the Vikings are blacked out the entire state of Minnesota won't show them at home. Samething in Florida. When Bucs or Jags get blacked out they won't show the game in Orlando or in Miami areas unless its MNF. But they're show it in South Carolina and northern Georgia areas

At sports bar... you only pay $10-20 for foods and drinks than pay $60 for a motel. Anyway I agree with others, this is getting weirder here... I'm done in this thread.

Yea its better than sitting in a cold stadium paying $125 a ticket plus parking and food. You could be paying $60 a night at a motel

At sports bar... you only pay $10-20 for foods and drinks than pay $60 for a motel. Anyway I agree with others, this is getting weirder here... I'm done in this thread.

Calvin look at driving time you think its just a 3 hour trip to leave state and watch football at sports bar for 3 hours and another 3 hour trip getting back home. Its lot more than driving 3 hours from Tampa st Pete area to northern Georgia just to watch your Bucs play. Do the math. Besides i think topic is about dome stadiums not about blackout games

images

JnQOk.gif

Because when the Vikings are blacked out the entire state of Minnesota won't show them at home. Samething in Florida. When Bucs or Jags get blacked out they won't show the game in Orlando or in Miami areas unless its MNF. But they're show it in South Carolina and northern Georgia areas

That isn't true.

According to here a blackout only occurs a) within 75 miles of the stadium of the home team and b)if the game is NOT a sellout.

From the list I saw the last time there was a blackout of any sort was in 2013 (San Diego Chargers and Buffalo Bills).

So with the fact that if a game is blacked out within 75 miles, there's no real need to go to a motel- just drive about 2 hours to some bar and spend 5 hours there then drive home (provided you aren't drunk).

But.. like I said- there hasn't been massive blackouts in a few years.

The federal government should make a new law on NFL non sellout blackouts. If over 85% tickets are sold then game will be televised localy under 85% tickets are sold game will be blacked out on local TV. So that would make everyone happy.

everyone?

No I'm pretty sure there will be some who won't be happy about it.

The way the media is and the explosion of cable channels today, the idea of blackouts doesn't really make sense anymore. They should do away with it.

Well it looks gross watching Baseball on TV with all those empty seats. I remember back in early 80s and beyond that home games were not allowed on local TV that includes NBA and the NHL. You might remember if you lived in DC areas and if the Caps or the Bullets playing at home you will not see the Bullets on CBS or the Caps on ESPN. And remember NBC game of the week on Baseball? You could not see your home team on TV. Now you see all these home games televised and in some sports you see empty seats because people are at home watching on TV.

The federal government should make a new law on NFL non sellout blackouts. If over 85% tickets are sold then game will be televised localy under 85% tickets are sold game will be blacked out on local TV. So that would make everyone happy.

uh.... no

that would be a serious misuse of government resource for your extremely petty and trivial consumer needs. our laws should not be used to create profits for corporations. beside - it's unnecessary because NFL has contracts with television companies for broadcast rights and they can dictate whatever they want.

Back