Dogs!!!

Sunryze

Reaction score
So last night my damn dog got a hold of my HA. She really loved the ear mold since it was in little pieces all over the place. Two big puncture teeth marks thru the aid and it's broke! I'm pissed!

Thank God it's still under warranty and I still have my cheapy ebay backup.

She's usually locked up at night but my son let her out. From now on I will put it in my dresser and not on the nightstand!

Could've been worse I guess... like a speech processor for an implant I'll soon have. Ughhh.. that would be a nightmare...:eek3:

Bad luck! But at least a good learning experience.

So last night my damn dog got a hold of my HA. She really loved the ear mold since it was in little pieces all over the place. Two big puncture teeth marks thru the aid and it's broke! I'm pissed!

Thank God it's still under warranty and I still have my cheapy ebay backup.

She's usually locked up at night but my son let her out. From now on I will put it in my dresser and not on the nightstand!

Could've been worse I guess... like a speech processor for an implant I'll soon have. Ughhh.. that would be a nightmare...:eek3:

My dog got mine oneday too and I freaked out and he dropped cause I don't have a back up ,now I sure do make sure he doesn't know where it is when I take out ..That silly little things is my life line to the world to me .

my first dog ate half of an earmold once... I'm surprise she didn't eat or chew up the hearing aid too.. whew. Since then, I make sure my hearing aid is out of my dog's reach.

LOL, but I know it's not really funny. It's just that it happens to many with hearing aids. I read once that dogs can smell a chemical they like in the batteries that can be harmful to them if swallowed. Make sure you really keep them away from your pets.

I had a dog I was playing with, and the dog grabbed my hearing aid. It had dog marks on it. I solved it by not wearing hearing aids to play.

LOL! My dog ate the earmold once too..since then I always left HA in the bookcase..only problem is that I never remembered what shelf I did put it..Imagine me climbing all over!! LOL!! ( I'm an avid bookworm and have shelves and bookcases pretty everywere!! )

Oh the memories!!! Sorry about your dog. My dog ate my hearing aids(outershell) when I was 11. Since then I have a nice little spot for my HA away from all people, animals and heavy equipment.

That does suck. At least yours is still under warranty, that would be bad if it wasn't. Could have been worse for the dog, too, had he eaten that aid and not the mold.
I usually keep mine in it's case or the dri-aid container at night. My first aid I just kept in a little case and one day the cats managed to knock the case off it's table, open the case (who says animals aren't smart?) and they played with the aid like it was a mouse. Took me half an hour to find it, all while treading carefully so wouldn't step on it. Found it two rooms away from it's original location.

My dog ate my aids allll the time when I was a kid. The funniest was when I lost one in a mosh pit and my friend found it during the show (he thought he saw a crowd surfer drop something out of their pocket so he picked it up) and it still worked! The mold and tubing was nowhere to be found but that was a small price to pay

I had few holes in my moulds not by the dog....CATS! I did find one aid in a dog's mouth once but as cats can get on everything they would find my moulds and eat them... Poor mum had to keep taking me back to audi for new molds. My current cat do only if i leave it on the table, My Ha and CI is safely in a box when not in use.

:shock: I thought for a sec there, that it's a hate thread about men who are dogs, if you get my drift.

Back