Dogs Fleas

BabyAngel

Reaction score
I need some helps...

I tried to find a thread about dogs got fleas, but couldn't find it. I was wondering how can you get rid of fleas on dogs? I just realized that my dog got fleas the other day. Some people said to get baby shampoo, it will help to get rid of them, is that true?

I feel sorry for my dog, Smokie because he kept itches on himself :(

I used to have a dog, I used the special comb for dog's fleas to comb them out in the bath tub during the water is in the tub and give it shampoo with oatmeal and aloe kind shampoo for dogs, it's very helpful.

Use Original Dawn Blue dish soap. Bathe the dog dont get it in his eyes. Leave on for 10 min and rinse off. Should kill most fleas.

Last edited:
Go to vet and get the medication from the vet either frontline or Advantage. Good luck. It work well on my dog. She is better then before.

Go to vet and get the medication from the vet either frontline or Advantage. Good luck. It work well on my dog. She is better then before.

Yep! My 2 dogs, Copper and Frankie has Frontline medication on their skin. They are not scratching or itching.. We have put them on all the time and follow check up with doctor every 3 months to get their flea control medications.

Go to the vet and get Advantage. It work WONDERFUL. ;) Only once a month to give your dog a Advantage on her/his back of neck. That's it. Easy!

I agree.

Also, the vet can suggest the proper shampoo and dip to get rid of present fleas.

Flea dips work for dogs but are dangerous for cats.

I need some helps...

I tried to find a thread about dogs got fleas, but couldn't find it. I was wondering how can you get rid of fleas on dogs? I just realized that my dog got fleas the other day. Some people said to get baby shampoo, it will help to get rid of them, is that true?

I feel sorry for my dog, Smokie because he kept itches on himself :(

Take your dog to Vet .... he will weigh your dog and give you right kind of flea medicine... Advantage flea. is best... put it on dog s neck once a month every month..I can promise you fleas will stay away from your dog..
SxyPOrkie

But it´s not forever...

Yea if you run out of the medication then the flea will come back unless go back to vet to get more. That what I am going to do. It drive me nuts when my dog doing lot of scratching or itching. She is doing much better but I feel there is flea so look like I am gotta bomb it.

Yea if you run out of the medication then the flea will come back unless go back to vet to get more. That what I am going to do. It drive me nuts when my dog doing lot of scratching or itching. She is doing much better but I feel there is flea so look like I am gotta bomb it.

That´s why I don´t go to vet because it´s waste of money... I can take care of it myself until fleas are not there.

Cheap to take care of than go to vet...

Use flea comb (I explained in SpiceHD´s thread)
a piece of finely chopped garlic to mix with pet foods once a week
flea collar (pet collar)

i used to wash my dog with dawn dishing soap and it really worked well.

spray on carpet to kill fleas every week.. and clean up those eggs etc ok? :)

Back