Dogs and Noises!

NaidaUP

Reaction score
I have a very sweet dog but she hates/loves (not too sure which) the noise from me blowing the moisture out my tubes with the puffer.

She starts barking and jumping at it.

Never had this before with other dogs. :)

Do any of your dogs do this?

I think some dogs are just more sensitive to noises than others. I have one dog that doesn't seem to notice anything (she's not deaf. she responds to her name) and another that jumps at the sound of her collar clip. I have to put my fingers over it so it doesn't make a noise when I put her collar on.

I think some dogs are just more sensitive to noises than others. I have one dog that doesn't seem to notice anything (she's not deaf. she responds to her name) and another that jumps at the sound of her collar clip. I have to put my fingers over it so it doesn't make a noise when I put her collar on.

I also think it has to do with the temperament of the dog. Marty is a very laid back dog and sounds do not upset him.

Maybe depends upon the breed of the dog or just their temperament?.....Dogs are very sensitive to noises. My Pomeranian seems to be very super sensitive and barks at everything.

If no one explains to the dogs why hearing aids are needed, then they'll be scared. It'll be nice to explain to dogs what hearing aids so so they're not startled.

If no one explains to the dogs why hearing aids are needed, then they'll be scared. It'll be nice to explain to dogs what hearing aids so so they're not startled.

My dogs , both deaf and hearing, are very emotionally stable!
:P
THey have no fear of hearing aids, and much better things to do with their time than observe my care routines!

Buy the poor dog a squeakiy toy to play with while you are demoisturizing your hearing aids.:wave:

Maybe depends upon the breed of the dog or just their temperament?.....Dogs are very sensitive to noises. My Pomeranian seems to be very super sensitive and barks at everything.

Yes, that's what I meant. I meant emotionally sensitive to the noise. Dogs do have very sensitive hearing! Thanks for clarifying.

I wonder if the air going through the tube make a high pitched whistle? I had very sensitive high frequency hearing as a kid and all sorts of things would drive me batty that no one else seemed to notice.

I've only noticed a blowing kind of sound when blowing air out of the tubing, no whistling or anything

My dog does not like the noise from lawn mowers, motorcycles or very loud cars, emergency sirens going by...

My dog has very good hearing even tho she is old. Slightest noise outside and she just barks.

She grew up in the countryside and now is in a busy town so lots more noises for her.

Back