Dogs and Cats

Animal Lover

I am very careful with chicken bones, I pull little tiny bones out, and give one strong good chick bone to my dog, Mino. She loves them. I heard a few dogs died choking on chicken bones before. So plz be careful.

Attachments

• lost my marbles.png
    lost my marbles.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 38
It doesn't really matter either way, dry or wet, unless your dog/cat has teeth problems. What matters is WHAT food you get. Dogs for example tend to be allergic to corn and many brand name foods have corn. Be aware of how your dog/cat reacts to food. If your dog/cat has ichy flaky skin it is most likely a food allergy. Dogs can develope an allergy to almost anything. Many brands out there today have alternatives to the generic chicken/corn formulas. If you have an allergic dog you could try venison/potato or duck/green pea. If your worried about your dog/cat's food talk to a vet, read labels, and be informed.

Good information !!

Great, thanks, for sharing this information with us. We, animal lovers need to learn about those things for our cats and dogs in here. Hey, other members, if any information you have, plz share with us. Smile....

Attachments

• waveyA.gif
    waveyA.gif
    2.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Copy_of_WAVE.gif
    Copy_of_WAVE.gif
    444 bytes · Views: 28
Yes I know its not wise to feed dogs with chicken bones, because chicken bones are sharp like a razor, it is best to give them raw bones as its soft edge.

The vet said cooked chicken bones is bad for dog's intestine because it can break and leave a holes around, and surgery is not cheap. :(

SeaStormy3

I am very careful with chicken bones, I pull little tiny bones out, and give one strong good chick bone to my dog, Mino. She loves them. I heard a few dogs died choking on chicken bones before. So plz be careful.

Dry/canned really makes no difference in longevity as long as it is a healthy diet. I rarely give my cats canned, when I do it is as a treat. (And usually one of them inhales it so quickly he winds up vomiting it back up. I've caught him trying to eat it again after that happens!) Dry is actually better because it helps maintain healthy teeth, animals that eat only wet food quite often have dental problems as they get older. My cats are still young but as they age I plan on putting them on science diet's kidney maintenance formulation.

Yeah I agree about being caution when you give your dog a bone....I get a bit scared sometimes when I see my dad's dog chewing on the pork bone, I know his dog seem to enjoy it alot, but sometimes accident like that do happen by getting choke by the bone....

Thanks for the warning SeaStormy! ;)

I would NOT give dogs chicken bones, not even large bones because chicken bones are hollow and when the dog bites down on even the large chicken bone, it splinters into smaller bone pieces and that is a problem! If your'e giving your dog large chicken bones, you have been lucky so far.......

I forgot add also i like feed OREO bacon jerky bits and snaps snacks and feed HEARTY and AUBURN cat treats too. ohhh yes carefully with pork or ckn bone cuz one time choke OREO's throat cut with sharp bone that why i never give OREO again if big doggiez no worries but sometime watch out for sharp bones :)

All my pets dont like to eat can foods dont ask me why. LOL But they do eat dry foods and doing good so far. As for the can foods for the dogs which I dont like cuz their poop is soooooooooooo soft. Forget it!!! :rofl:

Raw bones is good for dogs, because of the marrow and helps to make their teeth stronger and fur-skin shining.

Cooking bones is hopeless.

Back