Dogs and Cats

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
What type of food do you give your dog(s) or cat(s) dry food bag or cans?

I heard that canned foods for pets increase his/her chance of a longer and healthier life. :dunno:

I think it doesn't matter. We always have given my cat and dogs dry cat and dog foods, they still live for a long time. My cat died when she was 17 and my dog is currently 12 and he's a English Setter and he's in the average lifespan for a English Setter's lifespan, and he's still alive.

I feed my dog oreo pedigree ~dry food and wet can food ~alpo with prime cuts, my cats hearty n auburn meow mix dry food and wet can whiskas depend ppl s dogs n cats dont like some brand food some only dry food some eat only wet food my pets love both dry food n wet can food :)

that not true cheri, i have one dog that lived until 18 years old, she eat both dry and canned (most canned when she got older) her name was Pooh i had her since I was 2 and died when I was 20 years old I think...

When I last had cats (not now due to personal reasons), we fed the cats IAMS product because they are supposed to be better for the cats than other brands.

All what I know that it's no good to feed cats with dry foods often because of stomach ache.

I feed my cats with canned food all the time. I only give them dry foods when we are not in the home all the day.

Sussi vomited all the time after ate dry foods when she was young. The vet told me that it's not good to feed cats with dry foods often. Perhaps once to twice a week is okay.

My friend's cat died aged 9 years old because she fed her cat with dry foods everyday to kill cat's stomach pain.

I feed Diamondback (my feline) dry foods but I am planning to get "Holistic Feline Food" for him which is naturally dried mixed meat (salmon and chicken)...
I heard about that brand through a friend who brought it for her 14-yr-old border collie who is going deaf, blind, and has artistis in his back... she said that she does notice an improvement in her dog after feeding the Holistic dog foods two weeks to him!

I don't want to feed Diamondback junk... he needs real food like us! DO you want to eat processed dried food everyday??? NO! Neither they do! Think about it. My husband always say, "I wouldn't feed my dog antyhign that I won't eat..." and to vertify this, he will eat the dog food/biscuit to make sure it is tasty for the family dog. I have to admit some dog biscuits/treats are tasty! (laughing, knowing that some of you will go "EWW!")

[EDITED:
I wouldn't min feeding Diamondback wet food for his health's sake but he is SO fussy about canned food! So I am having a difficutly to get him eat some... I can feed him wet food in the morning then dry food the rest of day. it is okay.I cannot have wet food sitting int he bowl and having the ants attack it so ...
I always feel guilty for not putting Diamondback on a healthy diet. I want him to live longer. ]

I bought a pet mince (fatty minced meat) from butcher, and cook it until its cold and mix it with a boiling rice. It is my dog and cat's favourite food. Also they eat our leftover dinners.

I feed my golden receiver a cheap dog can with no name brand, he is easy to pleased, and "My Dog" for my maltese cross because she is fussy eater. My cat eat anything such as Whiskers or home brand cat cans.

They get a dry biscuits once a week, and liver biscuits.

I stop buying pig ears after I noticed it makes my dog diahorrea and fart soon after eating it.

Sometimes I give my golden receiver a chicken bones behind my husband's back as he loves it sooooooo much!! (me bad! :()

Liebling:-))) said:
All what I know that it's no good to feed cats with dry foods often because of stomach ache.

I feed my cats with canned food all the time. I only give them dry foods when we are not in the home all the day.

Sussi vomited all the time after ate dry foods when she was young. The vet told me that it's not good to feed cats with dry foods often. Perhaps once to twice a week is okay.

My friend's cat died aged 9 years old because she fed her cat with dry foods everyday to kill cat's stomach pain.

Oh yes, I forget to add one more. It's too late for me to edit my post to add more...

I fed cats with Whiskas & Felix canned.

I also fed cats with can tuna or boiled fish sometimes.

My soon to be 19 years old Sussi is fussy eater. She eat only cat canned, tuna and boiled fishes.

My soon to be 1 year old Kim eat EVERYTHING and also our overleft dinner, too. :shock:

lilo and maxi eats IAMS food and pedigree wet food and natural baked biscuits. anyone wants natural baked biscuits contact me we're with the big island dog house baked biscuit business :)

its no joke its true my mom owns the business :)

anyway that was otp the point is my dogs are happy but also picky! at least thier eating :)

Liebling:-))) said:

Oh Really? awwww :hug: I heard the same thing about dry food for pets also. But, I forgot where I heard it from :lol:

Tamara said:
Sometimes I give my golden receiver a chicken bones behind my husband's back as he loves it sooooooo much!! (me bad! :()

LOL Tamara I won't tell. ;) I did the same thing with my dad's dog golden receiver when my dad brings him to the bbq shows with us on the roads, I threw a pieces of pork to the dog oh he loves it.

All three of my furballs (Minnie and Moxie, the cats, and the shitbag dog) eat dry foods. We usually get them mixed fish, chicken and beef flavored dry kernels and leave it out - the dog, fortunately, thinks he's a cat and will eat that. They all share from the same feeder, and they're content with it.

Due to Moxie's current lactating situation, we will be feeding her kitten chow from this point on, so that she will be able to provide her babies with the nutrition they need.

I give my cats lams dry food and cans....

Usually I use feed my bullies, Iams-large breed.
My breeders friends who told me about new dog food called Eurekoea(sp) simlair alike IAMS. I've checked the pet store.. I was out of my mind, unebeliable costly really quite expensive Dog food "Eurekoea"(sp). Fo-r-r-get it, I'd rather stick w/IAMS-large breed.

We've always given our cats dry cat food... and I give my dog dry dog food. I usually buy Purina Dog Chow for my dog, but sometimes I'll buy Beneful or something like that from Purina.

chicken bones, bad for dogs

Be aware, animal lovers... sometimes you shouldnt give dogs chicken bones, cuz they can choke when tiny bone breaks and gets stuck in their throat or somewhere down there. Pls be careful. clean chickens off bones, give it to them, throw bones away. Or find one strong good bone, without any chips or joints sticking, take it out, and it would be ok for them to chew it. Thank you. A worried animal lover.

Back