Dog waits at grave

saywhatkid

Huked on fonix werx!
Premium Member
Reaction score
The article and picture below are from Yahoo

A dog sits for a second consecutive day next to the grave of her owner, Cristina Maria Cesario Santana, who died in the week's catastrophic landslides, at the cemetery in Teresopolis, near Rio de Janiero, on January 1, 2011. Brazilians on Sunday prayed for victims of devastating floods after the death toll from the natural disaster rose to at least 610 and was predicted to climb again. (AFP/Vanderlei Almeida)

nbqatd.jpg

Brings a tear to my eye. I am amazed at the loyalty of a dog. Wow!

Awwwwww....how touching.

Heard about this. How sad.

Reminds me of a dog in Scotland, cannot remember his name, but he stayed by his owner's grave for over 10 years.

Such loyalty!....The owner must have been a very good and loving person. I love Dogs very much, always have had 1 or more of them. My life would not be complete without a Dog.....

I had a chihuahua that was killed by a coyote. I looked for her for days, months, and my heart is still broken over it.

Dogs and humans have quite a unique bond. Unconditional love.

The thing that bothers me, is the dog is used as an illustration of human tragedy. Probably no one will save the dog.

The thing that bothers me, is the dog is used as an illustration of human tragedy. Probably no one will save the dog.

Let's hope someone did after this picture was taken.

Hachiko is a Japanese Akita.

What she's referring to is a Skye Terrier named Bobby.

OOPS ! I did not realize that! It is amazing how loyal dogs are to their owners. I read about book about amazing dogs. One dog got locked up in meat storage room by mistake and the owner could not find his dog. He finally found the poor dog in the meat storage room ,the dog starved to death! The dog would not eat it master food , amazing!

http://www.petsdo.com/blog/five-dogs-incredible-stories-loyalty-and-valor
this a link a amazing dogs stories and there is one about Bobby.

Hachik

the dog name was Hachik , I saw the movie on TV ! It was so heartbreaking how the dog miss it owner so much!

I think the story of Hachi took place in Japan. There was another dog in Scotland who did the same thing, that is probably what the one Miss Delectable is referring to.

Here is one of my favorite dog paintings...I think it's called the "The Chief Mourner"

Attachments

• LandseerChiefMourner.jpg
    LandseerChiefMourner.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 11

we think alike, at least when it comes to animals. That was the first thing that crossed my mind.

I saw the picture a few days ago and it is sad. It was a massive mudslide that killed over 600 people, so let's keep this in perspective: the dog was not the only victim.

Somehow, my guess is that this dog will be saved. Once people see the loyalty shown, how can they resist? I would offer to adopt it right now!

Hachiko met his owner at the train station when he returned from work every day. Hachiko continued to go to the station for 9 years after his owner passed.

Greyfriars Bobby allegedly stayed at his owner's grave for 14 years (except to go find food).

Both very touching stories.

I think the story of Hachi took place in Japan. There was another dog in Scotland who did the same thing, that is probably what the one Miss Delectable is referring to.

Here is one of my favorite dog paintings...I think it's called the "The Chief Mourner"

Oh that photo is sooo sad! :( The poor doggie!

Reminds me of Fry's dog Seymour... From Futurama, in case you didn't already know.

futurama-loyalty.gif

That dog waited 10,000 years. Beat that, Hachik...

Back