Dog Shot With Hunting Arrow Dies

MyBlueEyes

Reaction score
SEATTLE -- A family dog that was shot with a hunting arrow has died.
The Human Society is offering a $2,500 reward to find whoever shot the dog in Seattle's Wallingford neighborhood Tuesday night.

The dog, a 7-year-old mastiff named Conan, was hit in the chest. The arrow punctured part of his lung, the dog's owner told KIRO 7 Eyewitness News.

The dog underwent emergency surgery to remove the arrow, which just missed his heart. He had been expected to survive, but the family said Thursday morning that he had died.

"At first, I thought maybe he got out and somebody shot him. But then I realized he'd been shot in our yard. It's pretty upsetting," said Liam O'Hara, the dog's owner, in an interview Wednesday night.

"From where the arrow was in the side of the house, it was pretty obvious someone had taken some time to find a way to shoot at them in their sleeping area," he said.

Anyone convicted in Seattle of the crime of animal cruelty could face a fine of up to $5,000, a year in prison, or both. :(

Dog Shot With Hunting Arrow Dies - News Story - KIRO Seattle

People do horrible things! My neighbor on the block had rabbits in his backyard and someone took one of his pet rabbits and skinned it and put it on front porch it was so horrid when I heard about it years ago.

I cannot comprehend why people would perpetrate the terrible acts of animal cruelty …. malicious intents, dire atrocities and not to mention, animal collectors who don’t look after the animals’ welfare is beyond me. :shock:

If a yard isn't safe for a pet or service dog, just imagine how it is for us?

Ouch, that's not good. That happened here in north part of Seattle, yikes! It must be some neighbor who hates dogs and probably was annoyed by the barking, but still that's very cruel.

Back