Dog, missing 9 years, returned to family in Ky.

Kalista

Premium Member
Reaction score
Dog, missing 9 years, returned to family in Kentucky.

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. — A German shepherd named Astro who has been missing from his family for more than 9 years is finally home.

The Geary family was shocked when they recently received a call from an animal control officer who said that Astro had been found.

The dog went missing from the Geary family's Port St. Lucie, Fla. home shortly after the family adopted him. Since then, they have moved three times and ended up in Louisville, Ky.

On Jan. 29, 2009, an animal control officer in Tennessee picked up Astro after receiving a report about a dog running loose. Officers tracked down the family through a microchip implanted in the canine.

Dennis Geary says he wasn't sure if Astro would remember him. But when they were reunited, the dog sat down and began licking him.

___

Here's a picture of the dog included on this link.

It makes me think of a movie -- Homeward Bound, that is.

Such great news :D

I love any kind of stories that include a missing pet/person being found!

JamieLynn

I saw that on the TV news and thought it was amazing that they found their dog after 9 years. :shock:

I got a new puppy yesterday and he does have microchip in him. So I dont have to worry.

sniff sniff
I miss my doggy

:cry: Come home Isabelle

Sorry to hear that, Doug. I hope your dog will be back to you someday!!!! :fingersx:
Again, I am so sorry to hear that. Here's a :hug: from me and my two cats.

I got a new puppy yesterday and he does have microchip in him. So I dont have to worry.

Congratulations on your new puppy, Horselover61!
Wishing you a whole lot of fun together!
Again, congratulations!!! :hug:

Dog, missing 9 years, returned to family in Kentucky.

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. — A German shepherd named Astro who has been missing from his family for more than 9 years is finally home.

The Geary family was shocked when they recently received a call from an animal control officer who said that Astro had been found.

The dog went missing from the Geary family's Port St. Lucie, Fla. home shortly after the family adopted him. Since then, they have moved three times and ended up in Louisville, Ky.

On Jan. 29, 2009, an animal control officer in Tennessee picked up Astro after receiving a report about a dog running loose. Officers tracked down the family through a microchip implanted in the canine.

Dennis Geary says he wasn't sure if Astro would remember him. But when they were reunited, the dog sat down and began licking him.

___

Happy Ending! :D

I will get me a new doggy if, when, and where I move. I have the option to get a puppy from the couple that bred Isabelle. Problem is that I know its impossible to have a dog with the same personality as her. Either way i want another dog, and another cat sometime soon.

The dog must have been taken care of by someone else, you know. He couldn't have run loose all that time. Probably someone found him and just decided to keep him, without having him checked for a chip. I'm so glad he got returned though!

That remind me in past time,

One day, my dogs running away while i am at 1 hour away so i get back to my home and i cant find my dogs so i try to search for them for about 2 hours. Somehow i find one of my dog (Babe) so i excited to see her but still one dog missed so i keep search where i find Babe and she go to Coco which is my other dog name anyway i follow Babe to Coco and Guess what.....My dog (coco) are at water and it is Lake near my home and about 2 feet stone height so my dog is stuck at lake for about 4 hour at NIGHT! it is so cold so i called cop to come to help me to get dog out of water and 20 minute later i give him Hot shower :) and Coco lick me so much. After that happen, my dogs never running away anymore. i am so happy that my dogs dont go to dead. :D

Back