Dog Loves Salads

Dannie

Reaction score
I'am pasting what I wrote in another thread, but it all began and then ended from my recovery of pneumonia and being ghastly horrendously affected by the Prescription Drug Biaxin:

This is about my Dog Maggie, and after what the Naturopathic Doctor told me to eat in my salads everyday: She told me to eat dandelion, arugala, and radishes in my salads, well I omitted the radishes for the dog of course:

And the WEIRD thing, is that my dog was crying and whinning for the salad, and she LOVED IT! (It was JUST dandelion and arugala with ............
organic sunflower oil, garlic powder (good for dogs), a bit of parsley, organic lemon juice (a bit) and lemon rind (a bit), some carrots and organic apple!
A bit of celery leaves, and some organic pumpkin seeds, the dog LOVES IT!

Also added just a bit of RAW organic honey!

Everything HAS to be organic, pets can't handle the additives, chemcals or GM Foods, it endangers then faster than it endangers humans! And in the "Dummies for Beagles" book at Chapters is stated: that raw garlic cloves are poisonous for dogs, but garlic powder is good for them and to get rid of fleas too! Another spice they enjoy (according to this book) is ketchup!

(she normally tears up roots in the backyard, and eats grass like sugar)!

(except raw garlic ain't good for dogs, garlic powder is, and radishes and cayenne pepper pass for the dogs), ...............

but make this for your dogs adding tuna occasionally, salmon is better, some sardines now and then and some raw meat from certain pet food stores, and then your dog will be healthy, more toxins coming out of them, they'll live longer, and have more energy, etc......

She cried for my coleslaw too weeks ago, (all zoo animals get some coleslaw as part of their veggies) but I let her lick the liquid (and her ears smelled so fresh and clean..................(and it's just vinegar and mayo which is eggs and vinegar (as long as there's no additives, or chemicals, it's okay!

I'am writing this on two boards, and keep forgetting things and editing:

I added organic pumpkin seeds with the salad (unsalted of course is the best), and all of my salad the dog LOVED,

except I didn't add for her the radishes, garlic cloves, cayenne pepper but everything else!

No onions for your dogs!, (or raisons or grapes)!

But (adding AGAIN), I was just reading that walnuts, pine nuts, sunflower and pumpkin seeds should ALL be kept in the fridge, and the nuts in the shells are more quality preserved and better, and the nuts with the red skins are better, and the toasted nuts ain't so healthy!

My dog LOVES trying to eat the nuts from the shells, I know sunflower and pumpkin seeds are okay for her, probably pine nuts would be okay, I'am sure MAYBE walnuts (if they were soaked 1st in water for 8 hours), on rare occassions, depending on whether they can digest it (which is why it should be soaked in water for 8 hours first - even for humans)..........and if their particular body chemistry can handle it, I think they could, squirrels and raccoons eat nuts all the time!

Did I mention she tears roots up from the garden all the time, and eats grass like sugar?

She LOVES alfalfa sprouts and any other sprouts I ever bring home, and the Naturopathic Doctor and Kevin Trudeau's book said I'll need to grow sprouts for living green protein, but the dog just goes bersick over salads, sprouts, healthy oils, and nuts with garlic powder, raw honey, a bit of lemon juice and lemon rind, carrots, organic salad, dandelion, and argula, and it was a bit of a shock at first, but when you really think about it, that's how they eat in the wild, and it has all the nutrients and combinations they need for health.

Someone working in a health store told me the Alfalfa roots go down 100 feet, longer than ANY other herb, so it really packs in all the nutritional benefits of the soil, which because of pesticides, air pollution, etc ain't what it used to be like 40 or 50 years ago!

I think I forgot to mention, I also added a wee bit of Apple Cider Vinegar into my salad too!, I love making my own dressing, it's so much tastier!, and no additives or bad stuff in it!, and again good for the dog!

Back