Dog Does What Rain or Hail Can't: Halt Mail!

rockin'robin

Reaction score
CLARKSBURG, W.Va. – Cozmo the Jack Russell terrier has done what neither rain, sleet nor the gloom of night has been able to do — keep postal carriers in Clarksburg from their appointed rounds. Postal Service spokeswoman Cathy Yarosky said mail delivery to seven homes on Milford Street was halted because of the 20-pound terrier.

She said a carrier was injured after falling while trying to run away from Cozmo.

Cozmo's owners Jimmy and Justine Marino, said the dog has never bitten anyone. But they acknowledged he has gotten out of the yard a few times.

The Marinos have been told mail delivery won't resume until they get rid of the dog. Jimmy Marino said efforts to find a new home for Cozmo have been unsuccessful.

Dog does what rain or snow can't: Halt mail

Uh, or they could keep the dog indoors? Sorry, but I don't believe in outdoor dogs except in a few rare cases, and this dog doesn't seem to be falling in one of those rare cases. He's bored, lonely, understimulated, and untrained, and NOT a breed that thrives outside.

The dog has never bitten anyone?

Then what's wrong with doing your job?

Keep delivering mail until the dog bites, then you can worry. ;)

Post Office carrier scared of a 20 pound terrier? :P

agreed if the dog has never bitten then why would it halt mail? Sounds to me like the mail carrier just wanted an excuse not to do their job.

I wonder if they've considered retraining the dog?
Get a clicker and start clikc and treating for calm behavior (and keep the dog on a leash as they train).

Seems to me the couple should make sure the doggie is in the house when the mail is delivered each day...my mail usually runs around 12pm....But if they are a working couple, and no one is at home during the day, then crate train the doggie, or have him in the back yard....

My neighbors are even "scared" of my little 10 lb. Pomeranian...They run from her and of course, she'll chase them! (HAHA)!...No one ever walks on my grass anymore, becuz she patrols that area! (HEHE)!...And stray cats? They'll only come around if she is in the house...If she doesn't like you, she will "nip" ur leg, so she does get a "spanking" time to time over that....

But she's a wonderful companion...very loyal dog, loves to ride in the car. Spoiled rotten....

DAng i have a jack russell and it hatesss going outside prefer to be inside and only bite if someone is making too much noises with their shoes or being a nuisance she will nipped on ur feet that pretty much it. Jack Russell have tendencies to get out if they can and they will find a way if there will there a way and my dog can find her way out even in a well fenced area. Smart bugger that she is!

Back