Does your area offers red-light camera?

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
We do that since mid-90's but nothing new.

Well, the red-light camera in LA area is poorly enforce because I never got ticket for speeding so many time, also same with missing the stop light.

I have no idea... Anything is possible.

I have no idea... Anything is possible.

Do you know what's means??
051216163840_275-photo-cop-redlight-camera.jpg

red-light-camera.jpg

21_40_581_17_06.jpg

These stuffs were found mostly in southwestern states. We rarely see then in Eastern or in the south as well.

I think these devices were truly invasion of privacy! Why do we need a big brother?

in Minneapolis,Mn use that camera for red-light area. They dropped out and still hold. Reason someone borrow friend's car and drive went thur red-light signal then camera start recorded after that send ticket mail to owner's car. Guy open ticket letter and found out got ticket for fail stop red light which he is not drive on that day which his friend borrow his car. WHAT A BUM.

These stuffs were found mostly in southwestern states. We rarely see then in Eastern or in the south as well.

I think these devices were truly invasion of privacy! Why do we need a big brother?

Not in Nevada because red-light camera is illegal in some states like New York (only NYC is allowed), New Jersey and others.

There's alot of red-light camera in Ohio, Maryland, DC and NYC.

In the United States, camera enforcement has been controversial since the first speed camera system issued a ticket in Friendswood, Texas in 1986 and La Marque, Texas in 1987. Neither program lasted more than a few months before public pressure forced the systems to be dropped. Three times in the United States, cameras have been rejected after public votes. In Peoria, Arizona voters were the first to reject cameras by a 2-1 margin in 1991 followed by a similar vote in Batavia, Illinois in 1992. Anchorage, Alaska rejected cameras in a 1997 referendum. In Virginia legislature declined to reauthorize its camera enforcement law, and all red light cameras in the state were deactivated on July 1, 2005 after a study showed they were ineffective in reducing accidents. In 2002 the state of Hawaii experimented with photo radar vans but they were withdrawn months later due to public outcry. Arkansas, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, Utah, West Virginia and Wisconsin have also enacted prohibitions on photo enforcement. In New York State, red light cameras are allowed in New York City only, but speeding photo radars are illegal (except in toll booths equipped with E-ZPass).

Yes, volcomskatz I do know what you mean, but I still have no idea that is because I was not paying attention rather or not they have those cameras.

There was much debate when downtown Cleveland was to set a plan in motion to install cameras at each intersection where traffic lights are located, during the last few months. As of this day, I do not know for sure if the plan is in place or if it's currently being delayed by city propaganda from various groups--again.

There's so many views that is considered both the 'bad' and the 'good', guess it's a matter of outweighing the issues and finalize such a decision whether to continue with the installation or wipe out the whole plan itself. That remains to be seen-- ;)

~RR

There's one near my little son's school cause some jerk hit a kid and took off a couple of years ago, I don't know the whole story, but the city has post signs to let drivers to slow down on that road cause little kids walk to school since the school is just down the road and the speed limit is 25 mph since drivers had ignore it after several neighbors report it, the city then put a camera up, this was the first time I ever seen one....

Do you know what's means??
051216163840_275-photo-cop-redlight-camera.jpg

red-light-camera.jpg

21_40_581_17_06.jpg

Yep that's what it looks like, sometimes they use it for the police to see what cause a bad accidents, or if someone got murdered, or someone got hit or crime-fighting going on etc...it can be for alot of reason why they put that camera up in the first place, not only to catch those who speed ...

yeah, I know what they are, and there isn't any here, but the cops patrols around alot once in a while

We don't have "red light" cameras, but we do have "security" cams placed around the city in the bad areas where there are alot of gangs and drug dealing going on.

The past few months in Knoxville, I'm seeing a lot of red light cams popping up like rabbits on the interesctions. I'm seeing more red light cams installed in downtown and West (the richest part of town) more than the North, south and east parts of Knoxville.

There's a bunch of those in the area where I am from... Plano, Texas (north of Dallas).

As for Rochester, New York... I don't know. I haven't heard anything.

Yea, right??? I was in Carson city, Nevada and saw cameras on every damn red light!!! WTF? I don't like this at all!

Not in Nevada because red-light camera is illegal in some states like New York (only NYC is allowed), New Jersey and others.

There's alot of red-light camera in Ohio, Maryland, DC and NYC.

There's a bunch of those in the area where I am from... Plano, Texas (north of Dallas).

As for Rochester, New York... I don't know. I haven't heard anything.

It's illegal in New York then you and diehardbikers are lucky.

Yea, right??? I was in Carson city, Nevada and saw cameras on every damn red light!!! WTF? I don't like this at all!

When your last visit in Nevada? The new law adopted to removed all red light camera in rest of Nevada and it was started last year. Arizona and California are still figure out and start vote to ban on red light camera.

Back