Does unlimited food sway you?

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
Think of places that offers unlimited service.

For example:

I know of a place in Naperville, IL that offers unlimited plates of spaghetti on Sundays.

Olive Garden offers unlimited # of bread sticks.

I'm not talking about all you can eat buffets.

Are you easily swayed by unlimited offering? Give some examples of how it helped or hurt you?

The unlimited spaghetti offering didn't help as I wasn't hungry for a 2nd helping.

Those breadstick and soup offerings are great. I love to feast on their Minestone soup.

Unlimited food offerings don't sway me. There is no way I could eat enough to make it worthwhile.

Same here..I always get 1/2 an order when we go out and I seldom can finish that. The places that don't offer that I will usually just get an appetizer or share a little of hubbies food.

Yes,Im somewhat addicted to food. Like when they give me a great price for it i eat so much of it. When you buy something you try to make the most out of your money.

No way , I have seen people stick their finger into the food to taste and do not like using the same serving spoon total strangers had used before me . Some people do not wash their hands after they go to the bathroom.
GROSS!

depends on my mood- sometimes I'm swayed by offers like that if it's something I'm in the mood for AND have room for lol and especially if it's a good price.

No way , I have seen people stick their finger into the food to taste and do not like using the same serving spoon total strangers had used before me . Some people do not wash their hands after they go to the bathroom.
GROSS!

Not all unlimited food offerings come from a buffet table. They are served to your own table straight from the kitchen.

Red Robin ... bottomless steak fries. I am most definately a sucker even though I regret it everytime.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Not all unlimited food offerings come from a buffet table. They are served to your own table straight from the kitchen.

Howard Johnson restaurant was the only place I went to that had all you can eat come right the kitchen .They had a fried fish and it was all you could eat. I uses to go with my sister and one of our friend . Our friend would bring her knitting bag and plastic bags and she kept asking for more fish and she would put it in the plastic bags to bring home for dinner.
I am not sure if there are any more Howard Johnson restaurants around.

No, never. I always think of calories, and how hygienic is the free food.
Don't want to get any Hepatitis, for starters.

Fuzzy

how hygienic the free food is?
The way I was reading Derek's OP was that the offers suggested (free, 2 for 1, etc) were from places that are already sit down type restaurants like Red Robin, Chili's , Olive Garden and not places like Country Buffet or Ryan's (all you can eat buffet type places). With buffet type places the price is already including "All you can eat" and set up so people have direct access where with the others you only get a set amount that is prepared as they are ordered.

So by the logic that 'free food' isn't hygienic then food you are paying for isn't hygienic either.

For example:

I know of a place in Naperville, IL that offers unlimited plates of spaghetti on Sundays.

Are you easily swayed by unlimited offering? Give some examples of how it helped or hurt you?

The unlimited spaghetti offering didn't help as I wasn't hungry for a 2nd helping.

Those breadstick and soup offerings are great. I love to feast on their Minestone soup.

nope. I ain't that young man anymore.

Recently a steak house offered all you can eat shrimp with purchase of a steak dinner... you throw unlimited seafood or all you can eat seafood out there then you might as well put a going out of business sign out once I get there....lol

how hygienic the free food is?
The way I was reading Derek's OP was that the offers suggested (free, 2 for 1, etc) were from places that are already sit down type restaurants like Red Robin, Chili's , Olive Garden and not places like Country Buffet or Ryan's (all you can eat buffet type places). With buffet type places the price is already including "All you can eat" and set up so people have direct access where with the others you only get a set amount that is prepared as they are ordered.

So by the logic that 'free food' isn't hygienic then food you are paying for isn't hygienic either.

No this about "eat all you want buffet" . Most of food is premade and loaded with preservation , it come in big cartons and is just dump into the serving bowls .

No this about "eat all you want buffet" . Most of food is premade and loaded with preservation , it come in big cartons and is just dump into the serving bowls .
Beeeeeep. Better read the OP again.

dereksbicycles said:

For example:

Recently a steak house offered all you can eat shrimp with purchase of a steak dinner... you throw unlimited seafood or all you can eat seafood out there then you might as well put a going out of business sign out once I get there....lol

:lol: I would have thought that after about the 17th helping, whatever sense of common decency you have left would click in......:lol:

Probably most of their seafood is farmed Asian stuff, which is cheaper than the real thing from American coastal waters. Personally, I would never eat seafood from a chain that imports it's seafood.

The reading about say, shrimp farming in China, can make you want to retro hurl.

Back