Does anyone still use TTY?

Does the Captel by Spring work well? How do you feel about it?

Who do you mean by Spring???????????

There is a Wireless CapTel by Sprint for Android cell phones that have version 2.2 or higher of the Android operating system on then and are also in an area with 3G or faster service.

I have used the service on such a phone activated on Page Plus which uses Verizon towers. I am not a heavy uses but have been satisfied with what I have used.

bad English - VP
excellent English with bad memory - TTY with printer
Orgy, no ASL skill - caption call or TTY
bad English but no high-speed - TTY/TRS
Excellent English but no high-speed - TTY/TRS
and goes on... blah blah burp

...Cost of phone service is about the same as Broadband, don't forget that TTY relay calls though telephone line can incur long distance cost if not have right plan. VP and Internet based relay calls don't have that toll charges.
Broadband isn't available for some people, as you stated in your example. It isn't feasible for some people to uproot their entire families and move from a property that is paid for to someplace new, especially when they have limited resources.

The person that I know wouldn't be making any long distance calls outside of the state.

With Internet, I could have free Videophone and since I always have computer, where I could do pretty much anything like cash a paper check while online instead of going to ATM or bank to cash check which is a huge savings on transportation cost. I am not kidding about this, when I receive paper check, I just cash it right here at my home and keep the check until everything goes though then destroy it.
Do you know what cash means?

Cash =
vbufCtL.jpg

So are you saying that a bank teller brings cash to your home?

Maybe his printer spits it out. :giggle:
LOL, if it actually does that, everybody would want one. BTW, I know he meant deposit. My son does the same thing, taking two pictures of a check (back and front) and deposit it electronically like in TV commercials by some banks but he still has to go to ATM for cash withdrawl when needed. Sorry for :topic:.

LOL, if it actually does that, everybody would want one. BTW, I know he meant deposit. My son does the same thing, taking two pictures of a check (back and front) and deposit it electronically like in TV commercials by some banks but he still has to go to ATM for cash withdrawl when needed. Sorry for :topic:.

Make me wonder if I use cash to deposit it. You know me take a picture of all the cash I have, will they accept the deposit....Mmmmm...

I stopped using my TTY in 2001 when they started using IP-Relay. I did continue to use my friend's TTY when ordering pizza, but that was for another year or two before I never used one again.

I gave my TTY to the recycling center. With the internet and text messaging TTY is a dinosaur.

I've not used a TTY for forever. Ever since mobile devices came in the picture, I've became reliable on it. VP is another mean of communication tool I use all the time.

I used to get frustrated with TTY's b/c it would jam up due to typing on it so fast on it. I've broken 3 of it because of that lol. I'm glad that day is long over.

I've not used a TTY for forever. Ever since mobile devices came in the picture, I've became reliable on it. VP is another mean of communication tool I use all the time.

I used to get frustrated with TTY's b/c it would jam up due to typing on it so fast on it. I've broken 3 of it because of that lol. I'm glad that day is long over.

Plus, it's tough when you have to read in limited space. I hate it when printer paper ran out, so I couldn't check what is being said in longer sentence or paragraph.

Also, relay call can be fuzzy... sometimes worker-typist is really fast that it skips some words too fast for you to see.

Plus, it's tough when you have to read in limited space. I hate it when printer paper ran out, so I couldn't check what is being said in longer sentence or paragraph.

Also, relay call can be fuzzy... sometimes worker-typist is really fast that it skips some words too fast for you to see.

No kidding. Especially when you can't even correct your typo, there's no backspace on the tty. Just one long line of XXXXXXXXX. Ugh.

No kidding. Especially when you can't even correct your typo, there's no backspace on the tty. Just one long line of XXXXXXXXX. Ugh.

Mine has a backspace key. But some seem to prefer to give some Xes to indicate an error rather than try to backspace a precise number of letters to pick up at the right place.

What do you do to contact a business if your internet connection is down? Don't both VP and Videochat depend on the internet? I ask because I don't use them (am a non-signer).

In Illinois, and assume all other states, you can use TTY at the same rates that a voice caller would use voice. My use is with VCO and the State Relay Service.

Am under the impression that today's VP uses the Internet. So you are having to pay to pay for that service or other phone service to use it.

That's my risk. I would just figure things out. I'm kinda like a MacGyver :rofl: IF internet went down, I would go for my smartphone which have 4g. Soon I will replace my HTC EVO for Samsung GalaxyIII which have 4G LTE so that I can use VP anytime and almost anywhere.

As for paying for phone service. Actually, Using internet VP is free through internet. It all depend what package ISP offer like Cable TV, phone and internet so I pay usual rates (I picked 25mpbs internet option for better VP video).

Catty

I no longer use a TTT these days. My 2 TTYs, one of them are from work, are collecting dist at home in a cupboard. It's obelste these days now. We, australains use internet and mobile these days.

What do you do to contact a business if your internet connection is down? Don't both VP and Videochat depend on the internet? I ask because I don't use them (am a non-signer).

In Illinois, and assume all other states, you can use TTY at the same rates that a voice caller would use voice. My use is with VCO and the State Relay Service.

Am under the impression that today's VP uses the Internet. So you are having to pay to pay for that service or other phone service to use it.

Newer Smartphone uses 4G LTE and it shouldn't be a problem.

Catty

Newer Smartphone uses 4G LTE and it shouldn't be a problem.

Catty

Keep in mind that if you travel not all areas have that service. It depends on who you get you cell service from and what level of service they offer where you happen to need it.

To illustrate where I live AT&T only offers 2G service (Edge) and there is an area about 25 miles from me that I do go to that they have NO SERVICE at all.

I have not kept up as well with T-Mobile and Sprint coverage here. I do know that they have some. But . . . the main provider in this area has been Verizon. They have extensive 3G coverage and are adding 4G. So, most in this area are with Verizon or a MVNO, such as Page Plus, that uses Verizon's towers.

I still have TTY and VRS but I didn't use them for a few years. I use my cell to text and send the emails. I don't have landline in my new house. I need to find a wire plug that allow me to connect to the tty from my cell for the backup when the internet service is down. I am not a video camera type person so I prefer IP internet over vp.

Jury service summon me for show up at court. I told them I don't have TTY device for need an interpreter as I don't pay telephone company. I use internet for videophone with Relay service. They excused me.

Back