Does anyone on here sew well?

Hollykins1

Reaction score
Kind of O/T, but a few friends and I are looking for people who can sew custom outfits for 17" bears. Silly as it may seem - several of my friends and I are into the Duffy the Disney Bear and we like to dress them up. I will have the female version - Shellie May from Japan.

If anyone on here (or know of anyone) who can sew fairly well - and would like to make outfits for a Duffy/Shellie May bear - it would be some nice extra income. Now, in Japan - they make AMAZING outfits on Yahoo! Japan - but the fees to buy them are ridiculous. (as in most sellers won't ship to the US so you have to go through a bidding service that charges as much as the item - THEN shipping).

Let me know if anyone is interested! :wave:

I have been sewing off and on for years. I have made outfits for Barbie dolls, baby dolls and some teddy bears. All of them are better with hand stitching due to the small seam allowance. I am booked solid with obligations and my sewing machine is not easily accessible for now, but in about 9 months to a year, I will have time and my craft room.

Good luck! Wish I could help as I do have a sewing machine, but my talents lie in being able to sew hems, curtains (to size), and the occasional tear. That is it!! :lol:

I wish I had pictures of the 150 outfits I handmade for our old landlord. They were all hand done and just beautiful. There were all kinds of outfits for this baby doll she bought at a yard sale. She had the hair redone and we cleaned up the doll and I made all the clothing. My mother knitted some sweaters and afghans, and my brother made a cradle. All was given to the landlord's grand daughter who had a terminal illness. It was her one request. She lived another 3 years and then passed away. The doll was buried with the child in a special dress I made. I made matching dresses for burial for the child and her doll. The rest of the clothing and the cradle are in storage with the family.

Hello I wish be interesting sewing because help calm down! I remember my work is very sewing my friends!

Back