Does anyone like fish?

Dreamer03

Reaction score
Does anyone keep a fish tank, either saltwater or freshwater? Or just like fish in general?

We have a 90 gallon saltwater display with 75 gallon sump plumbed to the basement, we also have a 210 gallon freshwater in the basement that is drilled for saltwater use as well. Trying to sell both currently as we are moving. Both up and running.

I thought you meant what kind of do I like to eat. I did have a gold fish that lived for 8 years . It's a lot of work keeping fish where I live because our drinking water I so horrible. I had to treat the water as our water smell like bleach .

I thought you meant what kind of do I like to eat. I did have a gold fish that lived for 8 years . It's a lot of work keeping fish where I live because our drinking water I so horrible. I had to treat the water as our water smell like bleach .
use bottle water in a goldfish bowl.
distilled and easy to use....lol
We use a reverse osmosis system, water is pure.

use bottle water in a goldfish bowl.
distilled and easy to use....lol
We use a reverse osmosis system, water is pure.

I have to buy bottled water for myself and using it for fish too would really add up in cost. I drink a lot of water. And I have to give my dog bottled water too as the city water I so bad.

For a moment I thought the OP title was about if you like eating fish. I guess having salmon in a fish tank won't work. :/

Long time ago I had two marine tank set-ups. One 60-gal for fish only and one 60-gal for reef. Alot of responsibilities such as feeding, testing water quality (PH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, phosphate, salinity), temp monitoring, making water changes, replace lighting as needed (essential for reef - live corals thrive under correct lighting) and replacing carbon and other media. Both set-ups had a traditional wet/dry filter with a protein skimmer. Both good and bad experiences. No more because of $$$$.

Last edited:
Long time ago I had two marine tank set-ups. One 60-gal for fish only and one 60-gal for reef. Alot of responsibilities such as feeding, testing water quality (PH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, phosphate, salinity), temp monitoring, making water changes, replace lighting as needed (essential for reef - live corals thrive under correct lighting) and replacing carbon and other media. Both set-ups had a traditional wet/dry filter with a protein skimmer. Both good and bad experiences. No more because of $$$$.
We have over $10,000 tied into this saltwater set up since we started 5 years ago.... we just gave up on it, want to sell it to someone who wants it, great for a beginner since everything is here (skimmer/pumps/powerheads/sump...ect...)

We have over $10,000 tied into this saltwater set up since we started 5 years ago.... we just gave up on it, want to sell it to someone who wants it, great for a beginner since everything is here (skimmer/pumps/powerheads/sump...ect...)

I will stick with a gold fish tank if I get any fish again.

I love trout..wait...

I've always liked keeping angelfish. I had three two years ago that were different colors. One liked to follow your finger if you ran it up and down the tank. I always assumed that little guy (looked like one anyways) just loved doing that.

I had 8 different tanks, wll freshwater but I had to give up all of them except the guppy/betta tank which my mom is taking care of cuz i am in hospital. And i think if you have a latge enough tabk then you can put swordfish. I know its legal in some places.

For pet, maybe. I don't want to take care of fish, but I like to see them swim.

I do like to eat fish.

I had 8 different tanks, wll freshwater but I had to give up all of them except the guppy/betta tank which my mom is taking care of cuz i am in hospital. And i think if you have a latge enough tabk then you can put swordfish. I know its legal in some places.
I got the 210 gallon tank from a guy who had sharks, they got too big so he had to buy a bigger tank... actually he had it custom built in his basement... took up half of his very large basement, and was like going to sea world at home. He had sharks and all kinds of exotic fish. He was a doctor so he could afford a toy like that....wow.

Back