Does Anyone Know

SweetOrchid

Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to help my friend with her case as she's being taken to court by her Section 8 landlord and he has alot against her. I need to know where can I get good information on Disability has rights to have hearing dog without having to pay any fee.

Feel free to send me Email on links of which site to visit
SweetBlkOrchid75@aol.com

Thanks!:bowdown:

Let me ask you, did your friend knew that she was not allowed bring her dog before she move in? Or did the place replace new landlord?

If she knew that she was not allowed to get hearng dog. She cannot get any help at all because landlord already made this policy. She signed the contact so she broke the policy. It was her fault.

If she already lived with her hearing dog before policy started, She can sue.

Please explain us full so we can understand.

My townhouse does not allow pets but the landlord know Deaf's rights so they said if we have paper to prove the dog is hearing dog then it's ok. We never get one but if I do... the dog wont be playful?

Service dogs are not considered pets. So that even if the place doesn't allow pets, they have to allow for service dogs for handicapped persons who use them.

Let me ask you, did your friend knew that she was not allowed bring her dog before she move in? Or did the place replace new landlord?

If she knew that she was not allowed to get hearng dog. She cannot get any help at all because landlord already made this policy. She signed the contact so she broke the policy. It was her fault.

If she already lived with her hearing dog before policy started, She can sue.

Please explain us full so we can understand.

No, they didn't have that until they got a new landlord and things changed, therefore; the landlord didn't tell the new landlord about deaf couple and they have a dog and hasn't seems a problem, UNTIL the new landlord made up new policy and it was set up in 2006 of November, and she didn't get the papers until Last week. The landlord said that he told her about that, but he never DID told her anything or Call her to inform her that they know about her being deaf and has hearing dog and discuss the new policy with her. THEY DIDN"T EVEN HAVE THE NO PETS POLICY until set it in November 2006 and she got the papers just this month of August 2007.

However, the landlord never call her on VP or stop by her house to inform her the new policy until last minute which is August 2007. That's f**ked up

then she can sue the landlord... i hope she will win the case..

More evidence

My friend found her old papers about the Pets Policy. The good thing is that before they move in, they didn't have the date on that form as she kept it for her own copy. She got letter and it says August 14th 2000 is when they said she signed the policy.

Guess what... She moved in that HUD Section 8 housing in December 2005 and the form was dated August 14th 2000 as she got those papers two weeks ago.

I told her looks like you gonna win this case, because they even forgery her and her fiance's signature on the forms that says August 14th 2000.

I live in the Minnesota Federal Housing Agency unit under section 8 for ppls are disabled residents, I have seen a service dogs in my bldg (wheelchair helpers), they don't include a fees, as long their service dogs behaved control themselves. if the pets must pay 300 dollars for damage deposit.

My friend found her old papers about the Pets Policy. The good thing is that before they move in, they didn't have the date on that form as she kept it for her own copy. She got letter and it says August 14th 2000 is when they said she signed the policy.

Guess what... She moved in that HUD Section 8 housing in December 2005 and the form was dated August 14th 2000 as she got those papers two weeks ago.

I told her looks like you gonna win this case, because they even forgery her and her fiance's signature on the forms that says August 14th 2000.

HUD is a government agency and subject to the laws of the ADA. Tell your friend to contact the housing autority about this landlord's behavior. And, it doesn't matter if thelease says no pets. Service dogs, by law, are not pets.

HUD is a government agency and subject to the laws of the ADA. Tell your friend to contact the housing autority about this landlord's behavior. And, it doesn't matter if thelease says no pets. Service dogs, by law, are not pets.

HA! You think she gonna do that? In the area where my friend lives in, THE HOUSING AUTHORITY IS PART OF THIS GAME TOO. They are pulling lots of tricks from their sleeves to play dirty and changing their story to say that my friend is a liar and she's dumb deaf resident. That's what they are doing and they don't even care, also not even bother to call an interpreter to have meeting with my friend to talk about it. That's why my friend is suing them. The housing authority pulls out last minute tricks on her, not other residents.

The court hearing was scheculed for August 30th, but it has been postpone until September 23rd.

No, they didn't have that until they got a new landlord and things changed, therefore; the landlord didn't tell the new landlord about deaf couple and they have a dog and hasn't seems a problem, UNTIL the new landlord made up new policy and it was set up in 2006 of November, and she didn't get the papers until Last week. The landlord said that he told her about that, but he never DID told her anything or Call her to inform her that they know about her being deaf and has hearing dog and discuss the new policy with her. THEY DIDN"T EVEN HAVE THE NO PETS POLICY until set it in November 2006 and she got the papers just this month of August 2007.

However, the landlord never call her on VP or stop by her house to inform her the new policy until last minute which is August 2007. That's f**ked up

Now I understand. Your friend can sue the landlord. I wish her the best.

Hello,

I am trying to help my friend with her case as she's being taken to court by her Section 8 landlord and he has alot against her. I need to know where can I get good information on Disability has rights to have hearing dog without having to pay any fee.

Feel free to send me Email on links of which site to visit
SweetBlkOrchid75@aol.com

Thanks!:bowdown:

SweetOrchid,

Please check your email, as I wrote you a detailed message regarding this.

Thanks!

HA! You think she gonna do that? In the area where my friend lives in, THE HOUSING AUTHORITY IS PART OF THIS GAME TOO. They are pulling lots of tricks from their sleeves to play dirty and changing their story to say that my friend is a liar and she's dumb deaf resident. That's what they are doing and they don't even care, also not even bother to call an interpreter to have meeting with my friend to talk about it. That's why my friend is suing them. The housing authority pulls out last minute tricks on her, not other residents.

The court hearing was scheculed for August 30th, but it has been postpone until September 23rd.

Then she needs to find a good attorney that is familiar with disability rights or civil rights, and also file a complaint withthe Dept. of Justice. If they are trying to force her to get rid of her service dog, and then also refusing toprovide an interpreter for their meetings with her, they are in violation. Unfortunately, there are steps that have to be followed. Contacting the HUD in writing is the first step. If the steps aren't followed, the DOJ will not take action on the complaint. I would recommend also, that she put everything in writing and keep copies for herself.

I thought from your post that it was just the landlord that was taking this action, but since he is taking the action with the support of the governing agency, then it is a different story.

Back