Does Anyone here ever suffered from Migraines?

Oh yeah, I suffer from migraines when I am under pressure and under lot of stress and that bring on the migraines pretty bad. But I take exdreen asprins and it works fast and felt better in 15 min.

I'm a migraine sufferer. I've had migraines for the past 20+ years and currently take Imitrex. It works wonders for me.

different causes of headaches

I find that headaches can be caused by different things:

1. Food --- particularly that has tyramine such as cheese, beer, sausage, yogurt, etc.

Foods containing tyramine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. Caffeine --- too much caffeine or withdrawal from caffeine

3. Stress --- causes muscles to become tense (especially in the neck area)

4. Lack of sleep

5. Lack of food

6. Medications -- several meds cause headaches as a side effect

7. Rebound headaches -- when taking a medication for a headache for more than 1 time, it may cause rebound headaches

8. Medical problems --- such as being sick, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, or even when having a fever can cause headaches

There are more but I'll have to look them up when I can get a chance.

i dont have migraines my aunt had one lots from Imitrex they help my Aunt. But i had headaches lots from stress

I know it's REAL terrible!

I was suffered migraine attack when I was a little girl. Migraine is gone when I got my first period at age 11.

It goes back to me again after move to live in Germany in 1985. I took migraine pills to prevent it. I took it right way when I had the feeling the migraine comes. Everyone told me that migraine will be gone when I have a child but it's still the same.

I can't talk to anyone when I got migraine attack. I do is stay in the dark room. I got vomited sometimes... sweat body... Terrible one... Nobody should touch me... It's main worst than "headache".

Migraine is gone after birth to 2nd son in 1996. OMG! I haven't got it for over 12 years now... ***knock on the wood***

I find that headaches can be caused by different things:

1. Food --- particularly that has tyramine such as cheese, beer, sausage, yogurt, etc.

Foods containing tyramine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. Caffeine --- too much caffeine or withdrawal from caffeine

3. Stress --- causes muscles to become tense (especially in the neck area)

4. Lack of sleep

5. Lack of food

6. Medications -- several meds cause headaches as a side effect

7. Rebound headaches -- when taking a medication for a headache for more than 1 time, it may cause rebound headaches

8. Medical problems --- such as being sick, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, or even when having a fever can cause headaches

There are more but I'll have to look them up when I can get a chance.

No, migraine attack and severe headache is not same thing. I know many people confused migraine with headache which is not same. I know from my own experience.

Nobody including doctors knows how/what exact migraines come from. We have to live with it until it disappear itself for good or forever... Nobody knows... I know many people search for the help how to cure migraines... I know it´s impossible but it disappear itself... It depends on human hormone.

Example: you CAN'T walk, run or drive when migraine attack comes but you can do anything when headaches comes. You can improve your headache within few hours with the help from execrise, walk to get mind off, etc. but migarines doesn't. All what I do is lying in dark room or around my arm and hands on my face or my face to corner to make sure no light affect my eyes.

Suffer migraine attack is real terrible than severe headaches.

I've suffered migraines occasionally. Usually when I have migraines, my eyes tends to be very sensitive and must be in a dark room with little lights on. If the lights were to be shined, my eyes feels like it's heavy and hurting when it moves. The headache is so unbearable, so bad that I've always wanted to crawl under the blanket just to try to sleep it off. It helps to a point but doesn't always works.

Has anyone took Excedrin for the migraines? I've took it and it seems to help somewhat but it doesn't exactly works wonders.

Hi

I got migraine from age 8years - genetic, mom and grandma had them too. Not so bad in my teens, but in my 20's came back 10x as bad and suffered for 15 yrs... then stopped taking birth control pill and got migraine MUCH less than before. I know headache going to turn into migraine when I get craving for chocolate...or when I can see colours with my eyes closed... or when I feel like splinters of light rushing towards me and I can't see straight. I go to local pharmacy and ask pharmacist for "migraine cocktail", I don't know what is in it, he is old Hindu guy and Aruvedaic practitioner, I get 2 of these cocktails and take one as soon as I am home, sleep for 6 hours, wake up and take next, sleep another 6 hours. Wake up feeling fine, just a "shadow" of pain behind left eye.
"Migraine cocktails" really cheap, Imigril and others cost a LOT of money here and have to go back to GP every 6 months (and pay!) to have prescription renewed, so pharmacy remedy works for me. But yes, it is real pain (literally!) to live with, specially when talking to people who don't get them and they go, oh so you have a headache. And I go, no I'm dying and vomiting and throwing up and bashing my head on the walls!!!! This is NOT JUST A HEADACHE!!!

triggers

I'm a migraine sufferer and when I was listing the causes--I was doing them from memory... the causes are "triggers", everyone is different I found an article that you may be interested in reading.

Migraine
Migraine is not just a bad headache. In fact, some people get migraine without any headache at all! The cause of migraine is still a mystery. The research to date seems to indicate that migraine is a neurological disease based on an inherited genetic abnormality.

A cause of migraine symptoms is usually called a "trigger". A trigger is what starts the chain reaction, usually leading to migraine headaches. If you've heard much about migraine, you may have heard about various things that happen to the body - serotonin levels, changes in blood vessels - a variety of things happen that cause those terrible symptoms, such as nausea and headache. Find out more about migraine triggers, or the cause and effect of migraine!
---------------------------------------------
The migraine trigger – what they are and how to avoid them

Identifying and avoiding your migraine trigger
Anyone who knows anything about migraine has heard of the migraine trigger. Articles have been written, lists compiled and theories discussed about this important aspect of migraine treatment. But what are migraine triggers, and why are they important to understand?

Valerie South RN of the World Headache Alliance, writes:

[Migraine triggers are] internal and external factors that can set a migraine in motion. Triggers are individual, and what affects one person will not necessarily affect another.

Because migraine is a disease that is not fully understood, and therefore not easy to treat or cure, much of the focus of treatment has been trying to stop the migraine chain-reaction before it starts. The migraine trigger is the thing that starts the chain reaction, in people who are already predisposed to migraine. In other words, people who already have the disease might get the symptoms when a trigger lights the fuse.

Our understanding of triggers has evolved, and there has been a lot of discussion about what should be considered a migraine trigger. For example, stress, or how you cope with it. We now know that stress doesn't cause migraine, but many people believe it could be a trigger. However, a growing consensus now believes that stress doesn't even trigger a migraine, but instead wears you down so that you may be more likely to “react” to a trigger.

What are common migraine triggers?
Migraine triggers are different for everyone, and so the list could be very long. Below are some of the more common triggers, using the categories of internal and external. This does not mean that every one of these things could trigger a migraine in your case! It's likely that you react to only a handful, or one, or none of these. Michele Sharp, author of The Migraine Cookbook, reports that very often it's a combination that gets the migraine going. The list below contains some links to other articles relating to that particular trigger.

» Hormonal changes
This includes changes during puberty, menstruation, pregnancy, menopause and changes due to birth control pills or HRT (hormone replacement therapy)

» Changes in your daily schedule
Oversleeping, not getting enough sleep, skipping a meal, a rest after a hectic schedule

» Weather
Particularly rapidly dropping barometric pressure, but also rising pressure, temperature or humidity. Walking into a headwind can trigger migraines in some.

» Foods
Foods high in tyramine are believed to be among the worst migraine triggers. This would include things such as aged cheese and deli meats. There are many foods that could trigger migraine. Caffeine, chocolate, bananas, MSG (found in things such as canned stews, soya sauce, and powdered soups), and citrus fruits. Visit our page on diet and migraine for more on dietary migraine triggers.

» Environment
This could include cigarette smoke, perfumes, or fresh paint.

Many other lists of triggers have been compiled. Check out this migraine trigger list from the American Council for Headache Education.

How can I discover my triggers?
Some people seem to “just know” that something has triggered a migraine. Other migraine triggers can be deceptive, and you may think one thing is causing the problem when it's really something you would never suspect.

The key to finding your triggers is examining the 1-2 days before several migraine attacks, to see if you can find what's in common. What did you eat? Have you had any changes in your schedule? What was the weather like? Many migraineurs keep a diary of what they've eaten and other factors, so that they can look for commonalities. When it comes to food, one plan is to try cutting out all common migraine triggers (a migraine cookbook will be helpful), and then introducing them back into your diet, one every 2-3 days or so.

The search for migraine triggers can be a long process, but for those of us who have experienced severe migraine attacks, we know that the work is worth it! Being aware of your health and diet is a good thing in
the long run anyway. It may be that you'll learn to have a healthier diet, avoid unhealthy environmental factors, and get more exercise, just because you were dealing with migraine. You've got to get something good out of all this, right? :)

There are other great ways to avoid migraine attacks, besides just avoiding triggers. Learn more in this article on migraine prevention.

different types of migraine headaches

there are different kinds of migrainal headaches.

Ice pick headaches:

Ice Pick Headaches - The Basics

Barometric headaches: (when a storm comes and the pressure drops)

Dealing with your Barometric Pressure Headache – weather the pain storm!

Menstrual headaches:

Menstrual migraine - real pain, real solutions

Sinus headaches can be mistaken for migrainal heachaches:

Sinus Headache Symptoms, and what to do if you have one!

Rebound headaches(medication overuse):

Rebound headache – what it is, and how to escape the pain!

This article explains different types of headaches:
very interesting read

The Dana Foundation - Headache

One suggestion for migraine sufferers is to get a rose tinted glasses, which I've read helps lessen the impact of the migraine.

You would have seen this above mentioned glasses on Madonna.

Back