Does anyone have a Hybrid CI/EAS?

RoseRodent

Reaction score
Not for me!! But interested if anyone has this kind of system and what advantages it (potentially) offers over things like frequency transposition hearing aids. Is it clearer than something like Soundrecover? I'm guessing it would be more appropriate for music. I've seen the ads for the Med-el EAS and the Cochlear brand Hybrid but never really known anyone to get one. Is it because they are not that great or just because few places will fund it? He fits in the fitting range, though not sure what else there is in candidacy procedures. Oh, he lives in Europe with partially state-funded healthcare protocols, but really just after feedback from any users.

Anyone have one?

It is used to add the more detailed natural bass sounds and can help discrimination in noise.

It is used to add the more detailed natural bass sounds and can help discrimination in noise.

Yes.... does anyone HAVE one, and what advantage does it offer over frequency transposition? I know that CI sound is not necessarily very natural, so what is the advantage of an unnatural implanted sound over an unnatural transposed sound?

I've seen more articles about them being in trial in the US so maybe there really are only about 5 people who have ever had one, I wasn't sure if they were widely available or if they were one of those things you read about in the papers but nobody actually really has it.

Back