Does anyone create website

LuLu

Reaction score
Does anyone been create your own website?
If yes so which one do you use?

I have long time ago I use HTML and dreamweaver!

I've created DeafModels.com (static webpage) without a WYSIWYG editor, everything was handcoded. Other than that, I've created websites for clients with the help of Dreamweaver. :)

Have you created a website before, Lulu? If so, can you show your work to us? Or better yet, if you want, you can post the URL in the Site Reviews & Critiques forum.

Originally posted by Alex
I've created DeafModels.com (static webpage) without a WYSIWYG editor, everything was handcoded. Other than that, I've created websites for clients with the help of Dreamweaver. :)

Have you created a website before, Lulu? If so, can you show your work to us? Or better yet, if you want, you can post the URL in the Site Reviews & Critiques forum.

I used to have old website about me but last year it got close down so i'm thinking might make new website but havent decide yet!! Also I need learn more HTML and alot different stuff because I forget few stuff e.g HTML, dreamweaver, frontpage etc...

If I have got my own website I would post the URL! :)

Clearing it up for ya

Originally posted by DoVip
WYSIWYG ?

What You See Is What You Get is what it means.

That term describes programs that help you cut and paste stuff to make a website, instead of hand-coding stuff.

Personally, I use WYSIWYG programs to build my websites. For example, take a look at Deaf Rochester News - I'm the webmaster of this website. I used two WYSIWYG programs to setup and maintain it: Dreamweaver 4 and CuteSiteBuilder by Globalscape.

It cuts down the time of hand-coding and double-checking everything, which can take forever!;)

Re: Clearing it up for ya

Originally posted by DeafDot
What You See Is What You Get is what it means.

That term describes programs that help you cut and paste stuff to make a website, instead of hand-coding stuff.

Personally, I use WYSIWYG programs to build my websites. For example, take a look at Deaf Rochester News - I'm the webmaster of this website. I used two WYSIWYG programs to setup and maintain it: Dreamweaver 4 and CuteSiteBuilder by Globalscape.

It cuts down the time of hand-coding and double-checking everything, which can take forever!;)
I have met Peter Hauser. He is quite genius. :eek2:

Re: Re: Clearing it up for ya

Originally posted by kevbo
I have met Peter Hauser. He is quite genius. :eek2:

Ya said it, Kevbo!;)

Quite a genius he is, but he's an extremely busy guy! He's actually a lot of fun to hang out with when he's got free time!

Hi all, I am new here from northern Ireland. I'm impressed with alldeaf.com forums, I think I have found it an ideal place for me! :) Also some of your websites are looking great and it's nice to see great sites being made by deafs. Not much of that over here in UK, its a rare to be honest!

Anyway, there are a couple of websites I have made and they are:

www.deafkartni.co.uk for Northern Ireland Deaf Karting Club and I had set up a new forum on it over a month ago and I happens to be the only person using it! :( It is just that deafs here in UK, are unaware of what the forum is and still finding it confusing to use but they are using messageboard based on MSN which I don't like but its easy enough for them to use it.

www.barnett45.fsnet.co.uk my personal website and it came free with my ISP (15mb) with no adverts or whatsoever. It is also my first website as well and it went through few changes as I picked up some html skills.

Enjoy yourself browsing through these and let me know if my html skills needs sharping up although my english isn't that great since crap education in northern ireland. Cheers!

Last edited:
As right now, my website is handcoded. I don't need some other advanced program to help me putting in html.

Yeah, I do have my own webpage, but I am still working on it.
It is a webpage about my travelling experiences, and I use AdobeGoLive sometimes. (Just because I can be lazy sometimes, LOL, I do know how to handcode HTML, but I think about it... Companies want you to save time so use programs and if you see something obvious, you can fix it by handcoding it...) Anyway, if I get something more done, I'll let youses know.

I suggested for a novice user that wanted to build a webpage would go for Dreamweaver as its quite easy to use than html code, also save u bloody time!

although only if u do have dreamweaver package, well I guess u can get a copy ;)

you're welcome for help anytime

hey lulu

I usally do dreamwaver mx very much because it have php or html or jsp or asp, dhtml, xml etc.. very customed to editable. its most best software i been worked with.. for starter just use normal mode on dreamwaver. if someone is very experinced go to advanced mode on.

Well from my experience as a web developer for 8 years, I was handcoded at first and after a while I now use dreamweaver MX. To be honest I find dreamweaver pretty cool and powerful, save me extensive time! I builded alots website with database (ASP,PHP etc) dreamweaver do most of the jobs!!

So go for dreamweaver thats my advice!!

I develop websites "from the scratch" (for example: from the Notepad)

However, I prefer to do the web maintenance updating
any existed websites rather than develop a brand new website.

Used other softwares for some experiments such as
FrontPage & HotDog (Sausages) PageWizard. I got the
impression that Dreamweaver is probably the best one,
but I haven't even use it enough to determine yet.

Back