Dodgeball!!

Wildfire

Reaction score
seeing the sport in a movie, news talking about it and it looks so much fun and good exercise. If the church I am going right now set up dodgeball fun then I will join that.

So Anyone into that sport, let me know how you like the game!!!

:type:

I love the game! It's one of the most popular games here at RIT. A lot of clubs, organizations, fraternities, and sororities host their own games as well as tournaments. I've been playing dodgeball for 20 years.

:thumb:

cool....and i know alot of deafs go to softball tournaments, basketball tournaments....and i think dodgeball should be added so that way deaf can get out more and play games instead of staying home all the time...

so i am curious what are the rules to Dodgeball

Wildfire

Wildfire said:
:thumb:

cool....and i know alot of deafs go to softball tournaments, basketball tournaments....and i think dodgeball should be added so that way deaf can get out more and play games instead of staying home all the time...

so i am curious what are the rules to Dodgeball

Wildfire
The rules are pretty simple. However, there are sometimes modifications in the rules from time to time... depending on who and where it's played.

The most common rules are:
  • There are two opposing teams with equal amount of players.
  • Both teams line up against the wall or end-lines of their own sides.
  • Ball(s) are placed on the center line of the court.
  • When referees call the start of the game, players may now leave their starting position to either run and get the balls on the center line or take defensive positions.
  • If a player is hit by a ball (without touching the ground/floor) thrown by another player on the opposing team, he/she is out.
  • If a player catches a ball (without touching the ground/floor) thrown by another player on the opposing team, that player (who threw the ball) is out.
  • If a ball is caught (without touching the ground/floor), another player from the same team (that is 'out') may return to the game.
Some modified rules are:
  • Instead of one player returning in the game from a ball-catching, the whole team comes in.
  • No one comes in.

I never played that game yet, but I have seen the movie. It seem so much fun and excitement! I haven't heard about this game in deaf news or anything like that for all that matters, but if you hear anything, Let me know because I'm interesting. :thumb:

hello cheri....come on down to oklahoma and we can set up dodgeball in oklahoma...haha...kidding....everytime i go to church, i keep forgetting about dodgeball guess was too busy with God.... :thumb:

Wildfire

Now, there is a great game! I played that all the time when I was a kid. I would love to get into it again as I have a real knack for it.

My favorite all time "dodge" was a classic. I was the last man on my team left and I was about 4 or 5 feet from the other guy with the ball (from the other team). I simply fell to my front using my hands to catch myself and the guy was so startled that he threw right over me and missed me by a mile. :dance2:

In illinois is setting a new dodgeball team for the deaf already this year..

I would LOVE to play dodgeball!!! but Alabama doesn't have one set up and I don't think it ever will. We're just old farts. But as for me, I'd be there in a second to play!

*Throw the ball at RebelGirl* You're outttttttttttttttttttt! :whistle:

:squint: You didn't give me time to get up on the court floor and check my hair and fingernails first. I see you ain't friendly when it comes to sports.. *staring at you fiercely* *throws the ball and smacks the hell outta you* Ahh I feel better! :angel:

I dont think I have seen that movie but it sound like fun to play!

Would be fun if all of Aders get involved in July during AD Caucas?

LOL. I used to play the old nintendo game called super dodge ball and it was very funny....I did play in middle school to jr high school. I was really good at it. I just realized its been a long time. Point is it's a fun game!

Haven't seen the film. We don't have Dodgeball going on in Australia.

However, it does sound like fun.

RebelGirl said:
:squint: You didn't give me time to get up on the court floor and check my hair and fingernails first

Why do you need to check your hair and fingernails? This isn't cheerleaders. :crazy:

:giggle:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: @ Cheri and RebelGirl hahahaha :lol:

I used play Dodgeball at junior school and high school which I love it!!! it was blast time fun!!!! hahah sometime hit my face but laugh!!! lol :lol:

Back