Dodge neon aftermarket stuff?

Dark-Half

Reaction score
I just managed to snag me a 1995 dodge neon. Before anyone goes off screaming "chick car" I say fook yew! it can be made into an aggressive looking gen 4 EVO lancer clone, which is hawt. It has 38 mpg on highway and about 30-ish in town after I modded it with a few things. Has anyone had experince with aftermarket body kits or parts? I've been wanting to improve its ECU/EFI system but don't got no real experience with that. Hehe... it'd be fun to wire a NOS system into that... but that'd only be for looks unless I want my insurance to go up pissing off a few boss hogs lmfao.

Things I've learned -

*Body kits
Urthene/hand laid fiberglass = good
sprayed fiberglass = bad

*Spoilers
Don't do much

*Misc
Tornado fuel saver- complete BULLSHIT don't buy it. If you insist that it works, go ahead its your money but I swear to you it does nothing.

Sohc engines are fun to work with. The fact it has a lot of sensors is a tad annoying but once you get to know where all of them are and how to put it back together it's hella fun and easily alterable.

Improvements you could make to a dodge neon if ya got one --

Headman headers, MSD ignition system, a CAI (cold air intake, it will make lots of growly noise when you give it gas) make sure it's a rubber tube not chrome because chrome heats up and isn't what you want. Replace the sparks with rc9yc OEM champions. I found they're pretty awesome.

Heh....I had air intake system on my 1994 Honda Civic with K&N filter attached to a chorme pipe to the throttle body module. it rumbles when u accelerate quickly and it picks up pretty quickly. I also had stiff springs and it lowered the car by 1.8 inches in front and 1.5 inches in the back. It almost rides like it's on rails. It had 1980's 5 spoke rims with 195/50/15 tires on it. I don't have that car anymore, I miss it.

Right now, I have a 2000 Honda Civic EX, it's bone stock with a factory rear spoiler with LED brake lights on it. It has a high revving sohc VTEC engine that screams to 7000 rpm redline.

By the way, You could start with simple things like lower your car with lowering springs by a inch or so, put on rims with low profile rims, cold air intake system with bypass valve to prevent sucking up water during floods or whatever.

More difficult things, bore the throttle body by a few millimeters, I hear it increases power and a quicker throttle response, bigger fuel injectors and fuel rails, stuff like that. Yeah, there's a lot to learn about modifying your car.

It can be fun at first, when you get older it may be kids things and being too old for it. I noticed that older people tend to go for american hot rods, young people with foreign 4 cylinder cars. That's what I've seen since.
I think it's due that older people were used to hot rods during their days so they have their habits going on today. I don't know anyone who older still does that with a foreign car.

Unsure. I love both american muscle and foreign cars, the dodge neon was something I could afford. Tell me more about this throttle body. It basically increases gas intake, correct? Boring is polishing or just increasing the diameter of the hole?

picture191yd8.jpg

Thank for remind me. I have to order new filter for my air intake.

Air intake is alright and not much speed up, just loud but it give you around 20miles more for gas. I use it since 2003.

Back