doctors cannot ask about guns

Status
Not open for further replies.
cool poster. now follow it :)

cool poster. now follow it :)

Well, I do tend to jump around, since my discussion style tends to be "respond to the latest thingy that's been said", so I'll admit that I don't tend to follow a single thread of discussion to its end. But beyond that, feel free to point out which section I've violated. :cool2:

Well, I do tend to jump around, since my discussion style tends to be "respond to the latest thingy that's been said", so I'll admit that I don't tend to follow a single thread of discussion to its end. But beyond that, feel free to point out which section I've violated. :cool2:

See Post #857 :)

See Post #857 :)

I did. That references a post which I've addressed several times already. You've yet to respond to what I said, but continually referred back to that point.

Your argument: My state is crazy and the people giving out licenses will use any excuse they can to stop me from getting a gun.

My response: That's fine, but a doctor having valid medical records isn't the cause of your problem, too much discretion on behalf of the chief of police and lack of distinct guidelines informing you of what can disqualify you from owning a gun in your state are. The solution isn't to punish the doctor for doing his job as he best sees fit, the solution is to stop the people handing out licenses from doing such a shitty job, either by getting new laws passed or by suing the state.

You have yet to respond to this, so that's another point that has been dismissed, too.

Things that I have learned from this thread:

1) People do actually consider themselves more superior because they found a more updated article that supports their view.
2) People can actually argue who has it harder filling out forms from their respective country/state.
3) Guns bring a lot more happiness to Jiro than I originally thought. I'm actually afraid to see what would happen if guns were taken away from him.

1) People do actually consider themselves more superior because they found a more updated article that supports their view.
2) People can actually argue who has it harder filling out forms from their respective country/state.
3) Guns bring a lot more happiness to Jiro than I originally thought. I'm actually afraid to see what would happen if guns were taken away from him.

I just have the weirdest b..... never mind.

1) I consider myself superior because I always consider my current opinion to be correct. Of course, that's because as soon as it's contradicted by a better opinion, I change it to that one, so my current opinion is always the best one I've ever heard, lol.

2) Hey, forms are hard! You have to write inside those lines, and they sometimes have those fill-in-the-bubble sections and stuff...

3) Have you gone shooting? They are a lot of fun, lol.

I did. That references a post which I've addressed several times already. You've yet to respond to what I said, but continually referred back to that point.

Your argument: My state is crazy and the people giving out licenses will use any excuse they can to stop me from getting a gun.

My response: That's fine, but a doctor having valid medical records isn't the cause of your problem, too much discretion on behalf of the chief of police and lack of distinct guidelines informing you of what can disqualify you from owning a gun in your state are. The solution isn't to punish the doctor for doing his job as he best sees fit, the solution is to stop the people handing out licenses from doing such a shitty job, either by getting new laws passed or by suing the state.

You have yet to respond to this, so that's another point that has been dismissed, too.

I responded to that many many times. You missed the show. You keep focusing on Police Chief - an evil man. You know very well that it's nearly impossible to "change the law" or to get police chief fired.

Simple - remove the means that enables police chief to deny you of gun rights.

Simple - no mark in file. no record. nothing.

Simple - In order to promote gun safety without apprehending or alienating patient's parents.... tell us, not ask us. Post up posters and pamphlets at waiting room.

Simple - If doctor had to ask about gun possession, he is obviously living in a gun-friendly state. With that, it is logical to assume that most of his patients live in household with guns.

Simple - If doctor asked about gun possession, parent would feel very nervous and worried as to why would doctor ask about it when he/she brought his/her child in just for a routine check-up because gun is a very serious subject. It is not illogical to think that parent would think of a possibility that social worker or police officer may get involved.

If you beg to differ, that's fine. Every state is different. Different mindset. If you're fine with doctor asking you about gun possession in your state, fine with me. But I'm not fine with doctor asking me about gun and marking it in his file in my state. :nono:

So you want everyone to only see ER doctors then?

Family doctors don't function the way you speak of.

It still isn't any of their business.

They can ask ... but it should never be mandatory for anyone to divulge personal property ownership information.

A doctor asking me if I own a banjo or a gun? Why?

It still isn't any of their business.

They can ask ... but it should never be mandatory for anyone to divulge personal property ownership information.

A doctor asking me if I own a banjo or a gun? Why?

Well, a banjo is certainly a healthy creative outlet to release your stress.

Well, a banjo is certainly a healthy creative outlet to release your stress.

:giggle:

Time at the firing range is also a healthy creative outlet to release stress.

You can use a banjo to hit someone over the head, thereby, causing injury, even death.

Not to mention a banjo cord can be used to strangle someone.

Just saying ....

If banjos are outlawed, only outlaws will have banjos.

http://www.thebluegrassblog.com/the-banjo-as-a-deadly-weapon/

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/22131184/detail.html

A Colorado doctor can, as banjos are considered a deadly weapon in Colorado.

I wonder if they can warn about pianos? Or anvils? :hmm:

What about pens? I heard tale that they are mightier than swords! :shock:

We gotta ban pens! Right NOW!

I am currently conducting a study to see if bananas can be used as a deadly weapon .... I hate bananas.

ask Axel Foley

We gotta ban pens! Right NOW!

I am currently conducting a study to see if bananas can be used as a deadly weapon .... I hate bananas.

AHA! found something!

Answers.com - Is it possible to yield a banana as a deadly weapon

oh that's old news. That's why you can get a weapon charge even if you used a wooden gun to rob a bank. If I remember correctly - several years ago, many states updated laws to include the language as mentioned in your link because robbers thought they can get clever by getting lesser charges if they didn't use real gun.

ask Axel Foley

ooooh dude ... great stuff. Bananas can cause vehicular damage too! :shock:

There has absolutely GOT to be something done about this!!! A warning label .... at least!

oh that's old news. That's why you can get a weapon charge even if you used a wooden gun to rob a bank. If I remember correctly - several years ago, many states updated laws to include the language as mentioned in your link because robbers thought they can get clever by getting lesser charges if they didn't use real gun.

Yes, I think I recall that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back