Doctor Who/Nerdfighters

Amy Pond

Reaction score
Is anyone a fan of the British show "Doctor Who"? I haven't found any Deaf people who like it so far, (though admittedly I am in high school and in America). Also are there any Nerdfighters here? I have been a fan of John Green's books for years and recently some of his youtube videos have been correctly captioned so I can watch them without the usual amusing and hopefully inaccurate captions of most videos and have fallen in love with Nerdfightaria!

There are a lot of Doctor Who fans here. :)

Last edited:
I'm deaf and I'm a fanatical Dr Who fan. Have been since the 70s. Tom Baker is *my* Doctor, but I'm loving Matt Smith atm

Im not deaf but I have been a big fan of Doctor Who for years. My pet is even named after the Doctor.

I'm a fan of Dr. Who. unfortunately, I don't get to see the show much anymore, cause I can't afford cable right now.

It's on Netflix and most of them have captions. That's how I watch Doctor Who

David Yates, who has directed all of the Harry Potter movies starting the Order of the Phoenix, has signed on to make a Doctor Who movie.

From what I know, it will have no tie-ins with the TV show. It's going to be a standalone franchise. He said it's going to take a few years before it hits the big screen.

Should be interesting to see what he has to offer.

David Yates, who has directed all of the Harry Potter movies starting the Order of the Phoenix, has signed on to make a Doctor Who movie.

From what I know, it will have no tie-ins with the TV show. It's going to be a standalone franchise. He said it's going to take a few years before it hits the big screen.

Should be interesting to see what he has to offer.

I saw this news as well and dismissed it as the same old idle chit-chat that has been around for years. But I didn't read that Yates has signed something. Does that make it more likely to happen?

I saw this news as well and dismissed it as the same old idle chit-chat that has been around for years. But I didn't read that Yates has signed something. Does that make it more likely to happen?

According to what I have read, he is teaming up with Jane Tranter, the head of BBC Worldwide Prods which is based in Los Angeles. If this is going to move forward, it may be for the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who.

Although, nothing is definitely official right now.

According to what I have read, he is teaming up with Jane Tranter, the head of BBC Worldwide Prods which is based in Los Angeles. If this is going to move forward, it may be for the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who.

Although, nothing is definitely official right now.

Very interesting.

I love Doctor Who. David Tennant is my favourite Doctor. I really like Matt Smith but David Tennant is way better in acting.

I love both David Tennant and Matt Smith but I agree, I still like David Tennant a little more!

Is anyone a fan of the British show "Doctor Who"? I haven't found any Deaf people who like it so far, (though admittedly I am in high school and in America). Also are there any Nerdfighters here? I have been a fan of John Green's books for years and recently some of his youtube videos have been correctly captioned so I can watch them without the usual amusing and hopefully inaccurate captions of most videos and have fallen in love with Nerdfightaria!

Doctor Who is the BEST! My family does not like the show, but every chance I get I try to watch it. The last episode I saw, the Doctor dropped off Amy and Rory, and Amy said "if you see my daughter, tell her to say hi to her mum" That is all I have watched though. :(

Trailer for Dr Who Christmas Special 2011

Here's the trailer for the forthcoming Xmas special. Can't wait!

Back