Doctor Made Sexual Advances On Patient

rockin'robin

Reaction score
Psychologist Lost License 3 Days After Incident

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A Jacksonville psychologist made sexual advances at one of his patients in his office two years ago and lost his license three days later, according to state health department documents.

Johann "Nick" Prewett first told Channel 4 on Tuesday that he did not do anything wrong. Then he reconsidered what he said.

"I will be perfectly honest: I had serious trouble with alcohol at that time, and when I saw that patient, I was under the influence and had little recollection of it," Prewett said.

Video: Psychologist Apologizes For Incidents

The documents also say that Prewett told the patient that "most girls of sexual abuse are basically nuns or prostitutes. There is no in between."

The patient reported the session to the state, and Prewett lost his license three days later.

"This patient was a very honest person," Prewett said. "I believe what she said was true. Like I said, I must have been in a blackout, and I have been in recovery ever since."

The documents from the health department describe other incidents where Prewett told a young patient he was psycho. He also talked about his marital problems to the mother of another patient and then called that woman a liar, according to the documents.

"I know that sorry is not enough," Prewett said. "I am trying to live my life differently, and every day I can make amends to people. I just hope that that patient is doing OK, and I was not myself that day. If there is any good that can happen in all of this, that was the low point of my life."

Prewett will go before a review board in October to try to get his license back.

Doctor Made Sexual Advances On Patient - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT Jacksonville

Back