Do your hearing aids set off security in stores?

I may be wrong, as I am no spring chicken either, but I think only digital would set them off?:hmm:

Set what........oh, you mean the alarms? Your guess is as good as mine.:D I didn't look up but didn't someone mention setting off an alarm with an analog?

Set what........oh, you mean the alarms? Your guess is as good as mine.:D I didn't look up but didn't someone mention setting off an alarm with an analog?

Only at one franchise too. If I turn it off, it doesn't set it off. So I still wore them, I just use the off-switch before walking through.

:cry: Yes, drat that Souggy. He slipped in when I was not looking. I will go hide in shame now.

Only at one franchise too. If I turn it off, it doesn't set it off. So I still wore them, I just use the off-switch before walking through.

So you have digitals....I will assume (since yer no spring chicken, lol) you have had analogs in the past. Do you like digital better?

*Slinking off since this is off topic. But think of it as the briefest of respites.* :D

Dang, dang, I guoted the wrong person but that's alright; we r all in this together! Lol...

So you have digitals....I will assume (since yer no spring chicken, lol) you have had analogs in the past. Do you like digital better?

*Slinking off since this is off topic. But think of it as the briefest of respites.* :D

I think you are asking me? As Souggy is a spring chicken.

I do have digitals. And I do like them better. They seem to make things clearer. I heard more of a cacaphony for years with analog, and I think my brain was not as good at separating it all as you.

Dang, dang, I guoted the wrong person but that's alright; we r all in this together! Lol...

Digitals are programmed to be pseudo-analogs, with one exception: female voices are ampfiied higher than males' to provide an equal playing field.

Digitals are programmed to be pseudo-analogs, with one exception: female voices are ampfiied higher than males' to provide an equal playing field.

I did not know that.

Ok, sure. But they do other things that bother me, things I didn't want removed/masked from the environment....stuff like that. But I'm glad for those who like theirs.

Ok, sure. But they do other things that bother me, things I didn't want removed/masked from the environment....stuff like that. But I'm glad for those who like theirs.

Yeah... just saying the way my digitals are programmed is not traditional, so I am the wrong person to ask. Nothing is masked or removed.

Yeah... just saying the way my digitals are programmed is not traditional, so I am the wrong person to ask. Nothing is masked or removed.

Nothing is masked/removed? I need to be clear on this in the event I didn't give digitals a fair chance so an example.....if you are in a relatively quiet room and having a normal conversation with another person but the overhead AC fan is loud, doesn't the digital cut out/reduce/mask/filter that overhead sound so you can comfortably carry on that conversation?

Nothing is masked/removed? I need to be clear on this in the event I didn't give digitals a fair chance so an example.....if you are in a relatively quiet room and having a normal conversation with another person but the overhead AC fan is loud, doesn't the digital cut out/reduce/mask/filter that overhead sound so you can comfortably carry on that conversation?

I can say this, although I am mainly a speechreader more than actually hearing. You change to the program for individual conversation, because that fan keeps you from hearing people talk.

At least on mine, and I don't even know how they are programmed.

I can say this, although I am mainly a speechreader more than actually hearing. You change to the program for individual conversation, because that fan keeps you from hearing people talk.

At least on mine, and I don't even know how they are programmed.

Oic, thanks, Botti. Now with my analogs, I do sometimes hear these background noises and still manage to carry on a conversation in most cases. So I guess its what you are used to, trained yourself for, etc...So I'm good.

As for how yours are programmed, only your audie knows for sure. :D

Oic, thanks, Botti. Now with my analogs, I do sometimes hear these background noises and still manage to carry on a conversation in most cases. So I guess its what you are used to, trained yourself for, etc...So I'm good.

As for how yours are programmed, only your audie knows for sure. :D

Now that is a true statement!:lol:

If it's happened, I wouldn't know. I can't hear those beeps and I would just ignore them even if I did. Let them try and stop me! :D

HAHAHAHA! You and me both. I wouldn't know it either, since I can't hear them. I've never had any security stop me except at the airport. :D

Back